8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Hall map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Karlsek
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hello guys, Essen first-timer here. I was just wondering if there was a hall map with booths marked anywhere on the internet. If not, can one be expected to be published before the convention?

I've found some decent maps showing just the halls, but I'd prefer to have a little bit more detailed knowledge in order to navigate my way around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Brause
Germany
Duisburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it will be there on time... don´t worry. it always is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't really need a map - at least I haven't used one since W Eric Martin started publishing his Essen games list.

It contains the booth numbers of most/all the publishers and their games and the hall layout is pretty straightforward with alphabetical east/west rows and numerical north/south booth numbers.

List all the games/publisher you're interested in, sort by hall, row and number and you're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.A.W. Schweizer
Germany
Vaterstetten
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find it on their webpage. Still has last years plans, but they will update it approximately 2 - 3 weeks in advance of the fair

Here is the link with the plans (still 2014)

http://www.merz-verlag-en.com/hallplans.html

Just check around mid-September then you should find the 2015 plans.
Also have a list of all exhibitors then (sometimes interesting if you look for someone specifically)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Karlsek
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks guys, sounds like I won't have any problems then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess DukeOfEarl will soon continue his tremendous work, as the Essen-preview list is online and already includes booth locations for many publishers.

Click here to see his maps from last year: Hall Plans for Essen Spiel 2014 - Detailed Maps ==FINISHED==.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marking out the booth's locations on DukeOfEarls' maps is part of the fun for me and you get a good overview of where everything is. In fact, I rarely use the maps once I am at the fair, but that's only because I've been looking at them so much beforehand .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.