Csaba Szabo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorfinn's Card Transformation

I didn´t look around if somebody else had this really simple idea posted already, but because it is useful to create card games, expecially test PNP games with a really simple design, I thought I will share.

My basic idea is to make labels for card games, and simply put into a deck protector sleeve.

The idea come, because there is so many cool games like Love Letter , Onitama, BraveRats or Delve the Card Game, which has low design or different theme what I like, but I have so many cool cards, most from The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game which I don´t use so often as I wish, but I would like to enjoy to see more often the wonderful pictures.

Let´s show this on BraveRats:

Print out the labels, if you make a little good frame, they will look quite ok.

Have a little edge, which you can fold

...and put into the sleeve

This will give a nice form that the label stack in the right positon.

And that´s it, you can create whatever game you wish.

If you use icons, you can design the games that they became universal, doesn´t matter which picture is behind. (Anyway you just watch the information on the labels.) Like Strife: Legacy of the Eternals

I had a couple of ideas for many card games to change for a different theme.
Here is Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game, which I like a lot, but I would rather play in a fantasy world. (The cards are translated to hungarian. This idea also good to translate cards for others that doesn't speak so good english… Like me, hehe... )

I hope this post was useful, I was thinking to share this with people that are not a big Photoshop guru (like me), but want to make own -good looking- card games on a cheap/fast way.

Write me down what you think about it…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a nice idea. I may print some nice freely available art from online artists and leave some space beneath for the paste ups, like you did
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah man, that's actually a really good idea for playtesting and prototyping as well. It had never occured to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boggs
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant.