Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all.
I would like some clarification on the rule 6.6 and 6.6.1.
In particular I did not understand how to determine the ADF.
Ex: I'm playing the standard scenario Taipei; in a fight the player PRC has the air advantage and assigns 4 air points. That column must use the table "Standard Game Air Defense Fire? The" Advantage "Flying Side?
So before you determine the column then the advantage?
If she had been the ROC to have the advantage plane, he used the column "Advantage" of Firing Side?

Thanks,

GC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ADF in the Standard Game is based on who has the advantage (either Advantage, Superiority, or Supremacy). So, if the flying side, i.e., the one using Air Points, has some level of advantage, use the appropriate column from that section. If the flying side's opponent, i.e., the firing side, has some level of advantage, use the appropriate column from that section.

In your example, the PRC has an Air Superiority level of Advantage. When the PRC commits Air Points to support a combat, the ROC players roll using the "flying side has Advantage" column.

Quote:
If she had been the ROC to have the advantage plane, he used the column "Advantage" of Firing Side?

Yes, in your example, if the ROC had an Air Superiority level of Advantage, and the PRC committed Air Points to support a combat, then the ROC player would have rolled on the "firing side has advantage" column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! And ......very beautiful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GC58 wrote:
Thanks! And ......very beautiful game.

Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bite the bullet and go for the full air rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ADF in the Standard Game is based on who has the advantage (either Advantage, Superiority, or Supremacy). So, if the flying side, i.e., the one using Air Points, has some level of advantage, use the appropriate column from that section. If the flying side's opponent, i.e., the firing side, has some level of advantage, use the appropriate column from that section.

In your example, the PRC has an Air Superiority level of Advantage. When the PRC commits Air Points to support a combat, the ROC players roll using the "flying side has Advantage" column.

The explanation above by the designer is hardly more clearer than reading the rules 6.1 to 6.6.1. I think the rules are badly written with regard to the Air Defense Fire and its table. The Firing Side and Flying Side on the table are really confusing terms as to which side and columns to use.

For example, if the PRC has the Air Advantage, the ROC should roll on the flying side on the table. But the first paragraph in the above explanation says "if the flying side, i.e., the one using Air Points, has some level of advantage, use the appropriate column from that section." In which case, the ROC does not have any air advantage! Checking the rule 6.6.1, it simply says "The player using ADF locates the column on the ADF Table that represents the current Air Superiority Level, rolls one die, and reads down that column to find the result." We really have no clue whatsoever that how does a player to determine which side, i.e. "Firing" or "Flying" side, on the table to use.

We find that we must come to a conclusion that we should have a house rule, that the table should read "The side with..." on the left of the table and "the side without..." on the right of the table. Continuing the above case, the ROC should roll on the right side, "The side without..." of the table with the air superiority "advantage". At least this works for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
I think the rules are badly written with regard to the Air Defense Fire and its table.

Please share your re-write.

Also, read this thread and see if it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls