Get the supply cube. Get as many meeps in the shelter as you can. Close the lid before time runs out. Any stragglers left outside are gobbled up by the monster!
- Find a timer. Something that can time up to 3 minutes is ideal. If you can’t find a physical one, use https://www.google.com/search?q=timer;
- Use just 1 colour of meeps + matching dice;
- Use just 1 supply cube;
- Set up the rest of the game as per the normal rules.
Changes to normal rules
Rules are as per normal 2-player game, except:
- You have a limited time to get as many meeps as possible + 1 supply cube into the shelter before time runs out. Default difficulty is 2.5 minutes;
- Whenever you roll ANY doubles, the monster die is reduced by 1! Yikes! He’s hungry!
- You can choose to use a rolled 7 to increase the monster's die value by 1 instead of doing one of the other actions. Thematic reason? You're throwing stuff at the monster to distract him;
- If the monster die is at 1 and you roll doubles, you can choose to sacrifice a meep (in tin or outside, but if outside, it must be *standing up*) by throwing them onto the monster (that’s right – they don’t volunteer; their “friends” just throw them out!); that meep is killed, but the monster is knocked over temporarily; it will stand up on the next roll of doubles (still at 1 on its die) and will then continue its pillaging, wanton destruction and gobbling of meeps.
- If you have no more standing/in-shelter meeps to throw at the monster when it is on 1, and you roll doubles, you have lost – the monster reaches the open shelter and gobbles everyone up!;
- Once you get a supply cube into the shelter, and have at least 1 meep in there too, you can choose to close the shelter lid at any point after that to end the game (and "win"). If all (remaining) meeps are in the shelter, and you feel you have enough time (and luck!) left, you could choose to continue rolling, to risk trying to roll more 7s to increase the monster die to improve your score - but it's a risky strategy (rolling doubles has the same probability as rolling 7s!).
Your score = number of meeps in the tin + monster's current die value. Try to go for the all-time high-score of 11!
To adjust the difficulty, change the time you have to get in the shelter and close the lid:
- "Bah, what's all the worry" = 3 minutes
- "Ok, this is getting serious" = 2½ minutes
- "Oooh, that's gonna hurt in the morning" = 2 minutes
- "ARE YOU INSANE?!" = 90 seconds
Can you get the high score in all difficulty modes?