Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garyp
Australia
Berry
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another slightly torturous wording which we have interpreted in a couple of different ways.

After you allocate HQ tokens to the units to be activated you remove the token after the unit moves "and the unit cannot battle or after unit battles when eligible".

Initially we thought this meant that units either move or battle - a moving unit being denied battle by "and the unit cannot battle" as above.

Now however we think that the wording is just stating the obvious that a moving unit has it's HQ token removed after it moves in the event that it is not in a position to battle (due to moving to far or not having a valid target say). However if it is in a position to battle because it was Infantry that only moved the one hex say and it has a valid target, then it may both make the move and battle and then you remove the HQ token.

Is this how others are playing this card? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second way. The token is removed at the end of the unit's turn, irregardless of what the it did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Nimits Texan said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been removing the token when the unit's actions are completed for the turn.

If an Infantry unit moves two hexes, for example, I remove the token to show it can do nothing further the for the turn. If it moves one hex, it can still battle, so the token stays until I resolve its battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Caro
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tokens are just the way to remind you what units you'll activate and when they end their actions. The tricky part is that you'll not receive new HQ tokens on this turn --even if you roll a star--, so spend them wisely. I like this change from the HQ card on Memoir 44.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
BIG CHANGE from Memoir '44, but the change actually adds to play value and decision making for players. Collect a bunch of HQ tokens to order a bunch of units, but a player with no HQ cannot command reserve artillery or play his Combat cards.

Have Fun, there is really no wrong answers, just tough choices.

Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richard borg wrote:
BIG CHANGE from Memoir '44, but the change actually adds to play value and decision making for players. Collect a bunch of HQ tokens to order a bunch of units, but a player with no HQ cannot command reserve artillery or play his Combat cards.

Richard Borg

Which means what? I assumed that one read the wording as it states so you get to move or battle but not both. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hammurabi70 wrote:
richard borg wrote:

Richard Borg

Which means what? I assumed that one read the wording as it states so you get to move or battle but not both. Correct?

I think in that last line, he was talking about TGW gameplay in general, not specifically about the OP's question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the simple and obvious interpretation is correct.

In all my C&C games I use plastic "stones" colored by nationality to mark all activated units just for general coherency, to ensure the correct number are activated, unless only a few are being used that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls