Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Henry
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just gotten kickstarter my copy of Rum and Bones and when I pledged I had planned on demoing it at the CMoN expo but was unable to attend so I was going to try it out at GenCon and never got to sit in on a game. I have about a dozen games that I have that never make it to the table and would hate for this to join that group. Most of the time, when I play games, it is me and my girlfriend and we play a lot of co-op games. However when we play against each other it is usually quicker not so heavy games. Can anyone that has gotten this and played it a few times give me some feedback? I have seen some of the play through videos but not a lot of reviews yet. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nograd1974 wrote:
I have just gotten kickstarter my copy of Rum and Bones and when I pledged I had planned on demoing it at the CMoN expo but was unable to attend so I was going to try it out at GenCon and never got to sit in on a game. I have about a dozen games that I have that never make it to the table and would hate for this to join that group. Most of the time, when I play games, it is me and my girlfriend and we play a lot of co-op games. However when we play against each other it is usually quicker not so heavy games. Can anyone that has gotten this and played it a few times give me some feedback? I have seen some of the play through videos but not a lot of reviews yet. Thanks.

I played a demo at Gen Con (you just play to 1 point in the demo). Bought it and I've played a pretend game against myself. Waiting for my son to get out of summer camp so we can play it for real.

Seems terrific. Easy, easy to learn. Probably take a little longer than the box says, but maybe because I haven't figured out how to best use heros and cards yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I played this at the CMON Expo and it is really a fun, immersive game! With so many additional sets to purchase (or you already have most of them if you Kickstarted the game), there will be plenty of variety to spice up the game!

I loved how the deckhands and bosons continue to pour forth, diving recklessly into the pit of death while the Captain and his crew are a tad more cunning and tactile.

Once you have the opportunity, don't hesitate to break out this game and give it a go. It may not have been the superstar of Gencon at Cmon's booth (that goes to Blood Rage), but I think this game will have legs and become a gamer's favorite for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Beck
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Electronic Eremite
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nograd1974 wrote:

Grrrr... you got your Kickstarter and you don't know if you want it! I'm still waiting on mine!

I got this for the very same reasons that you stated and reading through the beta rulebook made it seem the perfect lighter strategy game for two. My wife loves Arcadia Quest so I hope (and I think I'm on the right track here) that it has the same low learning curve, high fun factor feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls