Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this game play with two, any built in setup changes to help tighten up the game? Does it scale well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I forget whether it's in the rule book, but part of the kickstarter was to produce streamlined (or at least more appropriate) rules for two players - I believe at Rahdo's suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Yep. I forget whether it's in the rule book, but part of the kickstarter was to produce streamlined (or at least more appropriate) rules for two players - I believe at Rahdo's suggestion.

It would be nice to hear from the designers what improvements or changes they made to the two player game. It appears it was one of the stretch goals and part of the add on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some some info in one of the updates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438141406/trickerion-le...

Quote:
The abilities of the new Magicians needed some balancing (the Yoruba Spiritmaster was "buffed" while the Gentleman was a bit too powerful), but now they are on par with the original quartet, both in flavor and in utility - Elektra continues to be my personal favorite

We've spent the most time last week with 2-player games to test the Duel of the Magicians two player variant, and had a LOT of fun with it The concept sounded good on paper, and we were happy to see that it works well in practice too. It spices up the original game with "modifier" cards that alternate the two different Character placement slots available each turn at each Location (except for the Workshop), and by using special Performance cards in the Theater that have neutral Trick markers printed on them by default, allowing for more Links to be created (thanks to Rahdo for the original idea!). These can lead to some very fun turns, with the best ones being those in which only Thursday and Sunday are available to Perform on

We decided to make one more, seemingly minor, gameplay change, that single-handedly solved an issue that we've had some complaints about during the past months: it used to be pretty hard to reach and effectively use the last Tier of Tricks (requiring 36 Fame), as well as to "branch out", and learn Tricks that are not strictly "built" on your existing set of Components. This was all solved by modifying the Market Row's 'Buy' action a bit: for 1 Action Point (and the respective Coin cost), you can now buy any number of one TYPE of Component. We've also lowered the Action Point requirement of Quick Order to 2, but Quick Ordered Components now cost an extra Coin each.

These changes made the use of the Market Row much more flexible, and allows a lot more Trick combinations, as well as reaching the "endgame" (that epic last tier of Tricks) more reliably - so the "arc" of the game is now working out even better than before!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fiddled with the two player variant a little and it includes two changes to the base game:

-A deck that randomizes what action spaces that will be available during each round. You flip one card up and use it to block two out of the four spaces for each city district and look at the revealed card to see what will be available next round. A simple dummy system basically.

-A set of special performance cards that have tricks already on them. These cards can be used instead of the normal performance cards to provide more opportunities for linking bonuses.

They seem to help quite a bit and make for a "tighter" game experience.

Rahdo would be proud!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorch wrote:
I fiddled with the two player variant a little and it includes two changes to the base game:

-A deck that randomizes what action spaces that will be available during each round. You flip one card up and use it to block two out of the four spaces for each city district and look at the revealed card to see what will be available next round. A simple dummy system basically.

-A set of special performance cards that have tricks already on them. These cards can be used instead of the normal performance cards to provide more opportunities for linking bonuses.

They seem to help quite a bit and make for a "tighter" game experience.

Rahdo would be proud!

How did you play the game already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Via Tabletop Simulator. Keep in mind, this was just me playing through it by myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls