Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved this game and finally had a chance to play my GenCon copy last night with friends.

One thing I noticed as we were playing through, was that no matter how many players are involved, the math works out to where you will never need to reshuffle the main deck. In some situations, you'll actually end up with a few cards unseen. I like that there's an uncertainty to when/if share cards become available as well as the boom/bust cards.

Interestingly, since there is no reshuffle, once you sell shares and discard the cards, they go out of circulation, never to be acquired again. Was this something you thought about while developing the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Loved this game and finally had a chance to play my GenCon copy last night with friends.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

bhz1 wrote:
Interestingly, since there is no reshuffle, once you sell shares and discard the cards, they go out of circulation, never to be acquired again. Was this something you thought about while developing the rules?

Yes that was intentional. This can be very important to your strategy. For example if a stock goes bankrupt with one turn left, then that stock can be worth a lot during the last round of bidding since you might be able to win a majority bonus with only 1-2 stocks.

There's only 10 of each stock, and there won't be any more. Use that information to your advantage. Even though there is luck in Stockpile, once you start looking for those deeper strategies you might be surprised how much control you have over your own destiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls