Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an Event or loss of game forces you to lose a random Achievement, would you throw non-permanent Achievements (such as Trade Routes) into the mix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion not. A non-permanent achievement last only for one round, so at the end of the round before you loose a achievement these are discarded. If you have bought one for the next round it is after you lose an achievement.

You could play it any way you like, but than you could lose the achievement that get discarded anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koolin wrote:
In my opinion not. A non-permanent achievement last only for one round, so at the end of the round before you loose a achievement these are discarded. If you have bought one for the next round it is after you lose an achievement.

You could play it any way you like, but than you could lose the achievement that get discarded anyway.

I appreciate your input.

Here's a situation from my current Campaign. I drew the Disturbances (Civil Unrest) Event card at the beginning of the game. Result of failing the Quest on this card would result in losing half my VP and 1 Achievement.

Since I have only a non-permanent Achievement (Trade Routes) does this mean I automatically lose the Campaign even if I am otherwise victorious in this last game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, in this case You could say you first handle the victorious things etc. and then resolve the event. Which means you need to buy a achievement and get rid of it to be able to continue.

Or you could first handle the event and then the rest. In which case you would lose the (non permanent) achievement and then handle the victory conditions.

In both cases you are able to continue the campaign. It is just a matter of handling it in the right order. I would pick the second option as the event must be paid for in the end of the match before resolving the victory or defeat.

Hope this helps/answers your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls