5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Klingon Attack Dice Upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a g
United States
flag msg tools
What Klingon Upgrades do some of you like to maximize firepower? I am playing Year of Hell tomorrow and want to do better then I did last weekend. I have two vor'chas and two negh'vars, a bunch of D7s and k'tingas, and one of everything else including prize ships.

Since I now have a second vor'cha I was thinking of running High Yield Photon Torpedoes with the vor'cha torpedoes and Gowron close by. Kind of trying for a hard one-hit wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bother with torps on Klingon battlecruisers. Save your Target Locks for re-rolls rather than spending to fire one or two extra dice on a torp.

Bare-bone Klingon ships with high skill captains are better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
United States
flag msg tools
Ships are the most important aspect of the Klingon fleet, by far.
--------------
Captains are often the best 'single' upgrade for Klingons:
Worf, Martock 9, Gowron (if you have the actions from Klingon fleet captain or Martock 8 to support him), etc. Worf and Martock 9 are two captains that alone will give you a great extra hit rate. Especially Worf is worth it in practically every Klingon fleet IMO, as it frees up actions for sensor echo / cloak / evade / Ngaren/Drex / etc. (Martock 9 and Work combo well as you can re-roll a BS on Worf's ship with Martock 9 and re-roll your blanks with Worf).
--------------
Crew: Often the crew options are harder, as you will be action starved so look for non-action crew. Such as Bu'Kah (discard to repair 2). Otherwise, combo Drex/NGaren with Wrof for a very good hit rate.
--------------
Weapons: Harder to get to be worth it for Klingons if you are going for a firepower build... mostly they are good for maneuverability builds or support builds. There are a couple that I would consider however:

"Barrage of Fire" is always a solid weapon to just make something go away, but it is VERY meta dependent. Current meta in my area would support this however that is really a meta decision.

I have also had surprisingly good luck with "strafing attack" reciently as it is very good versus fighters while still getting a few points of damage on a larger target in the same attack, mitigating the fighter's power somewhat.
--------------
Tech: There are some great Klingon techs out there, but nothing for attack power except perhaps the new Klingon cloaked mines.
--------------
Resource:
Consider a counter attack die, you will get a few damage in from that, and can often get a fighter pip or two over the course of the game just by having this.
Klingon Fleet Captain: This lets you use a Drex/NGaren each turn for free which gives you great punch when combined with a TL. Combos very well with Martock 9
--------------
Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Yes keep the ships basic and take good captains. Gowron to get +1 attack on friends and Martok to activate Gowron's target lock later in the turn.

My favourite card is the talent Defence Condition One to get a free BS to all ships close by. So that can be 3 Vorchas and a Berel for a total of 22 attack dice at medium range while 18 of them have Target lock and BS while 4 have just the BS. That should get you 19.875 damage.

My 120 point list uses Ch'tang to get the rerolls while Koloth activates Def Con 1

Vor'cha 26, Gowron 4
Vor'cha 26, Martok 5
Vor'cha 26, Krell 2
Ch'tang 22, Koloth 4, Defence Condition One 5

If you don't want to keep formation so tightly then Drex or NGaren paired with Worf or Kargan make good lone hunters who don't need to benefit from area bonuses. Young Kor with Alexander, and Synon/Drex/Bu'Kah is a good bet too.

Somraw or the G'roth using the Projected Stasis Field and a skill 1 captain can be a nice supplement on a jousting list - use to quickly advance and turn off the shields and guns of your biggest opponent for your Vor'chas to shoot. Once you are a kill up on the enemy and possibly started with an extra ship as well it is just a matter of mopping up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a g
United States
flag msg tools
Oh yeah, me and Projected Stasis Fields are old friends .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.