Tides of Time» Forums » Variants

Subject: 4 Player Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocky Pierce
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I've never played this, but it kind of looks like a simple version of 7 Wonders. Do you think if I bought 2 of this game and shuffled them all together it would work with 4 players? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would work, but I think the tension is much bigger with just two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd need to remove one copy of the "wins ties" card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with 2 decks your would be playing a broken game, I am not mathematician like the designer but I am sure there would be many problems. Just enjoy it for the amazing 2 player game it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recommendations for great 4p drafting games:

Fairy Tale
Medieval Academy

The former can be found for around the same price as Tides of Time, and shares a lot of the same design features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'll work ok with 4.

Edit: We played a 6-player game with 3 decks last weekend. Worked just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard Örtegren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: 4 pl
Interesting. I am kind of a theme junkie ninja so I need to make some sort of sense of there being multiples of the same locations, also it helps teaching the game.

I guess one could play it as the players are all young scholars who need to travel the empire and visit various sites of architecture, libraries and gardens and such for knowledge. But that doesn't hold up – unless you ad some sort of bonus for having had most different cards after three rounds perhaps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.