Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: spike and multiple subs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
If spike is my only fracter, is it possible to break a barrier with more than 4 subs (e.g next silver)?

1) can i use 2 spikes to break 4 subs on a next silver?
2) can i use 1 spike + 1 clone chip to break the 4 subs on next silver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Kern
Germany
Gernsheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loktok wrote:
If spike is my only fracter, is it possible to break a barrier with more than 4 subs (e.g next silver)?

1) can i use 2 spikes to break 4 subs on a next silver?
2) can i use 1 spike + 1 clone chip to break the 4 subs on next silver?
I don't see a reason why not.
During Step 3.1 of a run you can use as many paid abilitys as you like. So you can break some Subroutines with one Spike and then use the other one (or Clone Chip the first one back). Subroutines fire at Step 3.2 of a Run.
Just remember that the moment you trash one spike, all your other Cloud Breakers lose one strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Assuming the 2nd spike still has enough strength to interact after the first spike is trashed, yes

2. Yes, since I assume spike will have enough strength the first time it would have it the second time from clone chip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand the nature of your confusion. Yes, you can use icebreakers to break subroutines in any manner necessary within the rules of the game. Each time you trash a spike, you can break up to three subroutines of your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Spiekerman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about 3 Spikes (no other programs installed) and a Hive with 5 subs?

Can you break 3 and 2 subs simultaneously so the strength is still 3 on both programs (until they are trashed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
No, you activate each Spike's ability separately, so when you activate the first by trashing it, the second's strength will be reduced and it will be unable to interact with Hive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't do anything in Netrunner simultaneously. So once you use one spike, you completely resolve it, which means the other 2 spikes will lose 1 strength

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls