Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I need some help understanding this card and what it means when it comes into play...

Ferocious
During Melee combat, it strikes before enemy characters.

So let's say that Sabertooth 4/4 is being attacked by let's say Wolverine 5/5 and Sabertooth has Ferocious. Boost and other abilities are played and the two combatants come down to be 6/6 vs a 6/6. Now Sabertooth gets to strike first and Stuns Wolverine. Now it comes to the other players turn and with Wolverine stunned there is no one to strike back with meaning that Sabretooth remains face up? Is that a correct interpretation? Or does it mean something else? What is the best situation for this keyword?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's the only explanation that makes the ability do anything. It's essentially "first strike" from Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Jones
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's totally "First Strike" from MTG. Your 6/6 Sabretooth smacks the 6/6 Wolverine around before he can pop his claws into him and is stunned. Sabretooth survives the fight unstunned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is how we played it at the demo at GenCon, so I assume it is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.