Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to order a couple of VP base games and expansions.

I don't know a lot about the heritage and various versions of VP games, but I have read on BGG that the current base version of Zulus On The Ramparts already contains the expansion materials.

So, is there a resource that I can use to make sure that I don't buy an expansion that would be redundant with the base game(s) I plan to order?

Thanks for any pointers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reviewboy wrote:
I am planning to order a couple of VP base games and expansions.

I don't know a lot about the heritage and various versions of VP games, but I have read on BGG that the current base version of Zulus On The Ramparts already contains the expansion materials.

So, is there a resource that I can use to make sure that I don't buy an expansion that would be redundant with the base game(s) I plan to order?

Thanks for any pointers.

I don't know of any such resource, but the second edition of Zulus contains the expansion from the first edition AFAIK (I'm 99% sure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Morton.

I'll email VP customer service for help.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't know of any such resource, but the second edition of Zulus contains the expansion from the first edition AFAIK (I'm 99% sure).

I'm 100% sure. I'm the developer and publisher, so I have an inside track on this great game.

Not only does it include the expansion kit, but "then some."

Alan emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alan.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone besides me is curious, here is the (very rapid!) reply from VP customer service (I asked them the question generally, not specifically about Zulus because I'm planning to order a few base games and expansions):

"Our second edition games, when applicable, will have any earlier (discontinued) expansions baked in (such as For the Crown 2nd Edition, Circus Train 2nd Edition, and Zulus 2nd Edition), so there is no worries that you will have any redundancy of content. :)

Games that do have expansions will be first edition versions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be hard pressed to find better customer service than you get from VPG, just like their products, they're outstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moezilla wrote:
You'll be hard pressed to find better customer service than you get from VPG, just like their products, they're outstanding.

I have to say that I was very impressed with both the quickness of the reply and the clear, definitive answer that I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls