Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just checking out the Daedalus Productions website when I noticed a new item in their insert list. I just ordered one and will hopefully post up my thoughts after its assembled.

http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/mage-knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory B
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
I'll Take Those Fantasy Women!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time to be out of date for SoT? whistle I havent tried fitting it in the organizer I made, but I don't have high hopes...

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14443299#14443299

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbo_234 wrote:
Just in time to be out of date for SoT? whistle I havent tried fitting it in the organizer I made, but I don't have high hopes...

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14443299#14443299

Judging by the pics I think this insert is designed to fit that expansion. In the first picture there is an empty spot in the character card tray. It certainly looks like it says Braevalar. Plus there are 6 character trays, 8 token type trays (1 extra for the faction tokens). I'm kinda surprised they don't have it listed in the description yet, but I'm assuming this just went up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Empirically Awesome Games! http://empiricallyawesome.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, 6 character trays, but 7 characters. :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love my other quick starts by Daedulus. Ordered one myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hanger
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
gatesphere wrote:
That's what it looks like in the pictures. Funny, because it certainly looks like there are spaces designed for the other parts of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daedalus stuff rocks! Don't even have to think about this. Auto-buy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:
Doh! I forgot about Krang. I don't own that expansion, but good catch. I'm thinking the spot for the 7th Hero is that empty tray on the very top of the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Broken Token insert last week and it's got room for eight heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was anybody able to fix all expansion?

Lost Legion, Krang and Shades of Tezla?

If yes then I'm probably going to order one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 for an insert? Pass, I'd rather buy another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Plaza
Spain
flag msg tools
SpoDaddy wrote:

Lucky boy. Purchase and ship it to my address in Spain is $93.50. I wish I could find an easy solution for an insert here, it is by far the biggest annoyance I face when playing this game.

- Elia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gatesphere wrote:

Doesn't the image show 7 slots with one of them empty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
gatesphere wrote:

Doesn't the image show 7 slots with one of them empty?
True. Looks like Braevalar shares a tray with Volkare and the Faction disks. Not ideal, but workable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I can convince myself to part with $40 for this (just 'cause I'm cheap), but MAN it sure looks good! I'll talk to myself some more and see if I can make any headway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Bell Victim Anon due to threats
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very pretty, my only concern is getting the cards out of those very precise fitting slots. Also, it appears that the cards are sleeved. I wonder which sleeves those are. It may not fit some of the thicker ones. This seems almost TOO custom. I may have to go with the Broken Token version after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Stayman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know if the Broken Token version will fit all expansions with sleeved cards? I am trying to decide which one to go with as well, since Shades of Tezla just spilled over my old storage system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eliadann wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

Lucky boy. Purchase and ship it to my address in Spain is $93.50. I wish I could find an easy solution for an insert here, it is by far the biggest annoyance I face when playing this game.

- Elia

Shipping to Canada is more expansive than the insert itself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
if you could be anything you wanted...
badge
i bet you'd be disappointed.
mbmbmb
mistavengeance wrote:
Do you know if the Broken Token version will fit all expansions with sleeved cards? I am trying to decide which one to go with as well, since Shades of Tezla just spilled over my old storage system.

Yes. The Broken Token insert fits the base game and all three expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Corbett
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Daedalus Inserts
I wouldnt order from this company unless you are willing to wait over a month to get your item. Another person i spoke with has been waiting since 7/9/15 for an insert to be sent. I have been waiting 2 weeks. I would stick with a reliable company and buy the broken token one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I'd love to purchase just the one for enemy tokens. Wonder if they would sell that separately.

Or does anyone know of something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pvtforlife wrote:
I wouldnt order from this company unless you are willing to wait over a month to get your item. Another person i spoke with has been waiting since 7/9/15 for an insert to be sent. I have been waiting 2 weeks. I would stick with a reliable company and buy the broken token one.

Apparently the reason for the delay was Daedalus was moving their location.

Quote:
DAEDALUS IS ALL MOVED! Over the last few weeks our focus has sadly been on moving Daedalus' physical location. Due to this move we have become backlogged on orders. We want to assure you that we are moving as quickly as we can to catch up, and we want to thank so many of you for your patience.

So hopefully they should be shipping soonish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Miller
Canada
The Castles of Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Hmm. I'd love to purchase just the one for enemy tokens. Wonder if they would sell that separately.

Or does anyone know of something similar?

I use this:

http://www.michaels.com/craftmates-lockables-organizer-3xl/1...

It holds site/enemy tokens for MK and LL, with room to spare. Not sure if it will also accommodate the Tezla tokens, though. (I'm on the fence about buying that one since I've heard the production value is crap.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got mine in the mail. It came complete with a hand written apology for taking so long while they were relocating. Here are my thoughts on the insert.

Assembly time:It took me roughly 2 hours to put it together.

Assembly Difficulty: There were no instructions at the time I assembled my copy, but they have since been added to the site. That said, each section is labeled with a letter. I just organized all of the sheets by their appropriate letter and assembled them one at a time. I didn't really have any issues with assembly.

Cost:This cost me about 50 bucks with shipping.

Quality: This thing is gorgeous. The wood is fantastic looking, and was stained beautifully. That said, I did have an issue with one section, it seems that 2 of the pieces were cut incorrectly and did not fit together properly. I sent an email to Daedalus and they very promptly replied to me. They got a new one sent out to me very quickly.

Layout and fit:This thing fits perfectly in the box. It has places for every expansion including Shades of Tezla.
The only downside I see is if you want to keep every single manual (or a pile of reference sheets) in the box it will be slightly lifted.

Ease of game Setup:I did a mock setting up of the game, and holy crap does this make things faster. The Token trays can simply be lifted out of the box and set at the back of the fame board.

After each player chooses their character simply grab their deck out of the awesome deck box,
and hand the player their player token holder. the only downside to these is that you have to dump the skill tokens in order to get them out. It's a minor gripe, but it would have been nice to be able to just pull them out.

The rest of the cards are very quickly accessible from the second deck box, which has plenty of room for cards even with sleeves.

The crystals and dice tray can be set close to the table. Which is great for keeping the crystals from going all over the place. The tray for map tiles is also a nice touch.

Finally the minis are stored in their own tray for easy access.

There is also an extra tray that is serves to hold oversized tokens (Such as Volkares Token) and hold a 7th player as well (If you have all expansions to date. It's a little odd that it was combined like this, but its not really an issue.

All in all this probably cut my game setup time down by half, maybe more. Not having to retrieve countless tokens from baggies saved a ton of time. putting everything away was just as fast.

Bottom line:The Daedalus Productions Mage Knight insert is definitely a luxury item. It costs about as much as a board game by itself, but for a game that I play quite frequently this is totally worth it. It greatly decreases setup time, and keeps things organized. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fantastic storage solution for Mage Knight, and all its expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only see 6 of the trays for the character tokens (skills, shields, lvl markers). Is there a 7th? I'm just curious because you say there is room for all expansions including Tezla which means 7 playable characters.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw at the end that you would have to use the oversized token tray as the 7th character tray as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |