10 Posts

Exploding Kittens» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing an Action card after an Action card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregoris Vishnumolakala
Cyprus
flag msg tools
Hey there. We've been playing quite a few rounds of this and have faced some confusion when someone plays Action card after an Action card.

-- If someone plays an action card, the current player ends their turn (without drawing from the deck) and the next player plays twice. --

So we have a 2 player scenario for example: Player A and B.
Player A plays an Action card forcing Player B to go twice. Player B then plays an Action card during their first turn.... What happens at this point? Would this then cancel both of Player B's turns and then make Player A go twice?

NB, sometimes we play a Skip then an Action to remove the confusion, but that's wasting precious cards

What are your thought??

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's covered in the rules.

Playing an Attack ends your turn, period. It's now the next players turn and they take two in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delattre alain
France
orleans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes but under an attack cards you have two turn to play, if you play attack during the first turn this end just the first turn , so you have another turn to play , unless you consider attack end the two turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't some rare occassion that the makers of the game did not think would come up. That is why it is explicitly covered IN THE RULES. Please read them fully.

If you are not simply going to read the rules... then here is what happens: if you play an Attack card on the first of your two turns, then you are the next player, and therefore now have to play for 2 more turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sporktopia Games
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek speaks the truth. It is in the rules and as he states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Calinor wrote:
This isn't some rare occassion that the makers of the game did not think would come up. That is why it is explicitly covered IN THE RULES. Please read them fully.

If you are not simply going to read the rules... then here is what happens: if you play an Attack card on the first of your two turns, then you are the next player, and therefore now have to play for 2 more turns.

I believe this is wrong.

Quote:
If the victim of an Attack card also plays an Attack card, their TURNS are immediately over, and the next player must take 2 turns.

Straight from the rule book, emphasis is mine. As turns is plural it ends both turns and play continues normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please re-read that If->Then statement.

IF you cannot sort out your own confusion... THEN I will happily explain to you your misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
West coast USA
flag msg tools
mb
Derek's explanation is incorrect. The game actually has an error in it. The rulebook states that you can skip "turns" with an Attack, while the card itself says "turn". So it's left up to the players to decide how to interpret this inconsistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another person that cannot read and parse English? I apologize if it is not your first language. Please let me elaborate upon my statements.

Quote:

So you can either simply read the rules and follow them, or you can ignore them and follow my second statement. The rules state quite clearly that playing an Attack immediately ends anything that you can or want to do and play proceeds to the next player. Even if you were currently subjected to an Attack and it was your first turn.

I then go on to make a second argument, which should only be used if you're choosing to ignore the rules and make some other kind of argument. Which is why I say you would be the one targeted by your own Attack. This is a flippant remark and should be treated as such. If you are tying the two statements together and think that I am making a statement that this is how the rules work, then you cannot parse English.

The primary issue for trying to ignore this rule, is a scary situation where a player is subject to an Attack, then proceeds to play two Attack cards... and the argument is made that the next player must then take 4 turns. Allowing this to happen would be silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My intention here is not to be a jerk, but it's exhausting when something is clearly written in the rules in an understandable way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls