Stumbled across this last night in a Villains-style game with:

Kingpin
Punisher
Moon Knight
Iron Man
Storm

One player ended up with:

Punisher: Boom Goes the Dynamite x4
Iron Man x1 (tech: 3 combat +1 per tech played)
Iron Man x1 (tech: draw/draw 2)
Kingpin x1 (tech: 3 combat + 1 per New Recruit)
Kingpin x1 (str: 2 recruit + Str = 1 New Recruit)
Kingpin x1 (stealth: all New Recruits purchased go into hand, draw a NR)
Moon Knight x1 (tech: 2 recruit)

And it was... ugly. The Boom cards got rid of all the HYDRA people on previous turns. Then it was 4 recruit per turn, which bought 2 NRs. The Iron Man combat ended up with 10 Combat (3 + 7 previous tech cards) by being played last. The Kingpin ended up with 6 combat by being played after the New Recruits were drawn (3 + 1/NW). The techs chained so that Boom and Iron Man drew all the cards in the deck. And if they didn't, the two NRs purchased did.

So each turn the player had a consistent 19 combat and 4 recruit from 12/13 cards (depending on how you count the NW from the Kingpin/Stealth.

We were up against Mysterio in the Mid-Town Bank Robbery (Avengers, Spider-Friends, Sinister Six), so the Boom! player ended up with 73 points. The other two had 27 and 23.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See that happen fairly often with some of those draw/KO heavy heroes. [Amazing] Spider-Man & Symbiote Spider-Man are basically outlawed from being played together in our games, because the combo is so strong and that player usually runs away with the win (plus their turns take quite a bit to complete).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I clearly play a different style than everyone here -- or I'm doing something terribly wrong. I rarely ever break 20 on attack values. Usually, toward the end of the game, I'm averaging mid-teens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Wow. I clearly play a different style than everyone here -- or I'm doing something terribly wrong. I rarely ever break 20 on attack values. Usually, toward the end of the game, I'm averaging mid-teens.

All about deck synergy. It's a lot easier to anticipate if you're not randomizing too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedaninblack wrote:
It's a lot easier to anticipate if you're not randomizing too.
Ahhh, that must be the big part because I randomize everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
thedaninblack wrote:
It's a lot easier to anticipate if you're not randomizing too.
Ahhh, that must be the big part because I randomize everything

I'd say it's a part, but IMO not a big part. I too randomize instead of cherry-picking and get into 20+ decently enough to where it's not a rarity, 30+ when the synergy between the heroes is just right. Hitting Galactus twice in a turn (once at Attack 2 thanks to Cosmic Threat), barely missing out on hitting him a third time (at 20 a piece for second and the missed third opportunity), good times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Thud105 wrote:

How many players you usually play with will matter a lot too. Put 4 or 5 people around the table and it can be hard to pull out the big attack hands. It also depends on the heroes available, some give more consistent output, others give massive burst damage when the stars align.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls