Emmanuel Ortiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Fragmented Realities' and 'Smash Two Dimensions Together' alter the city spaces. I came across a setup that had heroes who benefit from certain city spaces, and I have some concerns.

The single city space in Fragmented Realities, in my opinion, should be labeled with every board city space, so that heroes that benefit from them are of use.

In Smash two dimensions together, in my opinion, it's clear that the Bank and Sewers don't exist, but to compensate the loss, the top three new city space should share the labels of the city's below. They are after all 'parallel dimensions', so it ties in with the theme.

English is not my forte, so please be gentle. I would really appreciate any thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
This both works both for an against you.

Yes, there are some heroes that benefit from specific spaces but there are villains that have this benefit too.

To me, this just adds to the difficulty.

You will find on this forum that a lot of people will go by the strict definition of what the card says or doesn't say.

In this case, the parallel cities spaces are unnamed. Thematically, you could say it is the same spot on a parallel planet but on the parallel planet, these spaces are actually in a deep forest or there are no bridges or whatever.

My thoughts are play it how it makes sense to you in the theme of your game and see how it plays out.

House Rules are a thing after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The spaces are un-named.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Ortiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good with all of that then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Krebsy

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
The spaces are un-named.

Is there a ruling on this you could reference?

In the "Smash" scheme it makes more sense to me that there are two cities with the same-named spaces.

Related to this, some villains have an effect that refers to "villains in the city". Would this refer to all six city spaces, or only the three city spaces in the same dimension as the villain?
(E.g. Any of the Infinity Gems, or Dr. Minerva from the Kree Starforce)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MKrebs wrote:
therealtheshader wrote:
The spaces are un-named.

In the "Smash" scheme it makes more sense to me that there are two cities with the same-named spaces.

"Smash Two Dimensions Together
• General: Do the three "other dimension" spaces also count as being Rooftops, Streets, and Bridge?"

"No, the parallel dimension city spaces aren't Bridge, Streets, etc., since they don't say those things on them."

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20004935#20004935
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Krebsy

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
MKrebs wrote:
therealtheshader wrote:
The spaces are un-named.

"Smash Two Dimensions Together
• General: Do the three "other dimension" spaces also count as being Rooftops, Streets, and Bridge?"

"No, the parallel dimension city spaces aren't Bridge, Streets, etc., since they don't say those things on them."

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20004935#20004935

Thanks, Dam the Man. I'll need to play this differently from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls