Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the base game but others I am thinking of introducing the game to has not. I don't have the base game but the Daybreak game.

What roles would you recommend me to put in for newbies for 6 players. What about for 5 players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
caseylee82 wrote:
I have played the base game but others I am thinking of introducing the game to has not. I don't have the base game but the Daybreak game.

What roles would you recommend me to put in for newbies for 6 players. What about for 5 players?

Thanks!

I don't have the list in front of me but take out the Curator, the P.I., and maybe the Alpha wolf.

Pick the other characters at random, show them to the players and give them a brief intro to the game.

The app will take care of the rest so new players don't have to worry about what to do and when.

after a few rounds, they will get used to those roles and start to work some strategy. Then you can introduce new roles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Easy to use: Apprentice Seer, Mystic Wolf, Dream Wolf, Revealer

Harder to use, but great roles: Alpha Wolf, Witch, Paranormal Investigator

Advanced: Prince, Bodyguard, Cursed (!), Curator

I don't use Sentinel and Village Idiot very often. Village Idiot is easy, but may have time problems and tends to solve games, especially in combination with Revealer.

Some people get confused with Revealer and Paranormal Investigator. Also make sure that the "named" wolves wake with the Werewolves, except for the Dream Wolf.

Don't use Doppelgänger with Daybreak unless you have experience with the new roles.

Ohh, I just reread that you do not have the base set.

With 6 players, you need 9 roles or 10 when you are using Alpha Wolf. Daybreak has 11 roles.

I suggest using Alpha Wolf and using the Dream Wolf card as the center Werewolf card. Don't use the Village Idiot.

With 5 players I would remove the Bodyguard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
caseylee82 wrote:

Thanks!

I don't have the list in front of me but take out the Curator, the P.I., and maybe the Alpha wolf.

Pick the other characters at random, show them to the players and give them a brief intro to the game.

The app will take care of the rest so new players don't have to worry about what to do and when.

after a few rounds, they will get used to those roles and start to work some strategy. Then you can introduce new roles

Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:

Easy to use: Apprentice Seer, Mystic Wolf, Dream Wolf, Revealer

Harder to use, but great roles: Alpha Wolf, Witch, Paranormal Investigator

Advanced: Prince, Bodyguard, Cursed (!), Curator

I don't use Sentinel and Village Idiot very often. Village Idiot is easy, but may have time problems and tends to solve games, especially in combination with Revealer.

Some people get confused with Revealer and Paranormal Investigator. Also make sure that the "named" wolves wake with the Werewolves, except for the Dream Wolf.

Don't use Doppelgänger with Daybreak unless you have experience with the new roles.

Ohh, I just reread that you do not have the base set.

With 6 players, you need 9 roles or 10 when you are using Alpha Wolf. Daybreak has 11 roles.

I suggest using Alpha Wolf and using the Dream Wolf card as the center Werewolf card. Don't use the Village Idiot.

With 5 players I would remove the Bodyguard.

Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls