Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Apparent Pit fired Uno on the geeklist.

A housemate loved playing Uno in her youth and purchased a copy.

By Gum, it's a miserable game. I was almost traumatised.

Am I setting myself up for more misery if I get this game for light fun with my buddies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Misery? From Pit?? Hell no! 90 seconds of shouting and you're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
90 seconds of shouting and you're done.
With one round. Where only one player scored. In a game that (usually) requires a player to score 5 or 6 times to win.

Unless your group likes yelling loudly at each other to no appreciable gain, and still throwing in the towel before actually completing the game, stay away from Pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
With one round. Where only one player scored. In a game that (usually) requires a player to score 5 or 6 times to win.

Unless your group likes yelling loudly at each other to no appreciable gain, and still throwing in the towel before actually completing the game, stay away from Pit.

We don't even bother to keep score. We just play a few rounds and have fun It's silly chaotic fun, and especially kids like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
lomn wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

We don't even bother to keep score. We just play a few rounds and have fun It's silly chaotic fun, and especially kids like it.

Yeah, I've never boethered scoring. We may well be missing out on even more fun though when there's a motivation to favour certain resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Pit and hate Uno. Uno just feels tedious to me; you have little choice in which card to play and there's no interaction really. Pit is at least dynamic and silly fun. It's not super complex but there's a bit of negotiation and strategizing to it. It's been a while since I played Pit but we do keep score, and we always play with the bear and the bull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Pit is fun with at least 5 players and ones that don't mind yelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.