Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Room 25 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a copy that they would be willing to part with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us (like me) who didn't know what Room 25 is, this is it: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127024/room-25
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesbass wrote:
For those of us (like me) who didn't know what Room 25 is, this is it: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127024/room-25

Thanks David
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Preston-Marshall
New Zealand
Twizel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available new for about $70 - Pixelpark (the wholesaler) shows it as being in stock. Email John at Gamedepository if you want to splash out on a new copy.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunt
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NickWatt wrote:
Jesbass wrote:
For those of us (like me) who didn't know what Room 25 is, this is it: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127024/room-25

Thanks David

Ah - now - had forgotten about this one - pretty sure Nat played this a couple of times at Board in Palmy and enjoyed it - might have to get it in too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NickWatt wrote:
Jesbass wrote:
For those of us (like me) who didn't know what Room 25 is, this is it: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127024/room-25

Thanks David

Hehe, no worries...when I saw the thread title, I thought it was either an event or maybe a retail store... whistle

...speaking of which, if Pixelpark has it in stock, (and they do), head on over to the Geeklist and harass a retailer for a price.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jpreston wrote:
It's available new for about $70 - Pixelpark (the wholesaler) shows it as being in stock. Email John at Gamedepository if you want to splash out on a new copy.

I was considering it as my programmable movement game to try and round out the current aim for a 'mechanics based collection' but I think that I might rather be buying RoboRally if it is $70 plus for Room 25.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NickWatt wrote:
jpreston wrote:
It's available new for about $70 - Pixelpark (the wholesaler) shows it as being in stock. Email John at Gamedepository if you want to splash out on a new copy.

I was considering it as my programmable movement game to try and round out the current aim for a 'mechanics based collection' but I think that I might rather be buying RoboRally if it is $70 plus for Room 25.

RoboRally is lots of fun! Silly fun, but lots of fun! It's hilarious when you get one piece of your programming wrong, or another robot knocks you off course on your first command, and you end up going in the wrong direction or shooting yourself with a laser!

Another programmable one (that I've never played) is Lords Of Xidit: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156566/lords-xidit
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen Lords of Xidit everywhere (it seems) must be rather popular. Player elimination and theme somewhat put me off...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend Room 25. It seems to have flown under the radar a bit. I think that there is a copy on the NZ Maths Trade 2015 - Round Two.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that is what reminded me about the game. I really do like the game, but I also like the idea of RoboRally and its theme a little more.

Also, I am not sure how Maths trades work yet. Not keen to jump in yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really easy and also a fairly slow process so plenty of time to get up to speed. Unfortunately the current one has closed for new entries. There will undoubtedly be another one next year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am sure it is not as intimidating as it looks, but I will stare clear until 1) I am more comfortable, and 2) I have a game I no longer want
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravwell is another program-your-move game.

It only plays up to 4, but has a cool sci-fi theme, if that's your thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kanzig
United States
Grand forks
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NickWatt wrote:
I have seen Lords of Xidit everywhere (it seems) must be rather popular. Player elimination and theme somewhat put me off...

Lords of Xidit doesn't have player elimination. It has "elimination based scoring" which takes place after the game is over to see who won, as it doesn't use victory points.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zkhar wrote:
NickWatt wrote:
I have seen Lords of Xidit everywhere (it seems) must be rather popular. Player elimination and theme somewhat put me off...

Lords of Xidit doesn't have player elimination. It has "elimination based scoring" which takes place after the game is over to see who won, as it doesn't use victory points.

Ah that was not clear in the reviews I saw, that improves things a lot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DNAmers wrote:
Gravwell is another program-your-move game.

It only plays up to 4, but has a cool sci-fi theme, if that's your thing.

Yeah I have heard of it, looks unique for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls