Andrew Soule
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
For anyone who owns this, will it be able to accommodate the Predator set also? It looks like it'll be fine in terms of holding the cards, so my primary concern is whether both mats will fit in that center space. Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Sherman
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't hold two mats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Knott
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you roll both mats tight they fit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one mat with Alien, there will be one mat included with Predator and there will be another mat available for playing as the predator. Yay for cool mats but they won't all fit in one box. What you can do is cut the Broken Token insert to separate the sides from each other that way you have one row in each box and you can fit the mats without issue. And you didn't have to spend another $20 on a second insert that causes the mat to barely fit. Win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeahbowen wrote:
There is one mat with Alien, there will be one mat included with Predator and there will be another mat available for playing as the predator.

There isn't a separate mat for playing as the Predator. You use the same mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
yeahbowen wrote:
There is one mat with Alien, there will be one mat included with Predator and there will be another mat available for playing as the predator.

There isn't a separate mat for playing as the Predator. You use the same mat.

Then why are they going to be selling one at coolstuffinc.com? Serious question... do I need to cancel that preorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Soule
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Predator only uses a single mat. Theres a mat VARIANT you can purchase; it's the exact same as the one that comes in the game, but with different artwork in the background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wKarrde wrote:
Predator only uses a single mat. Theres a mat VARIANT you can purchase; it's the exact same as the one that comes in the game, but with different artwork in the background.

So by "exact same" you mean not the "exact same". For those of us that LOVE the Legendary Encounters games a mat that fits the theme of being the Predator is a great accessory to pick up. I'll be getting one as soon as Boargamewarehouse gets them in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Soule
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I guess if you want to be pedantic, then sure they are not the exact same. The mat variant has minor visual differences, but otherwise serves the exact same purpose and is not remotely required to play the game, as you had suggested. I'm not even sure how the variant "fits the theme" of being the predator any better. If memory serves, it's just a big outline of a predator over a black background. Honestly, I think it's more harmful to - on a public forum - suggest one might NEED to purchase a second mat to access the full functionality of a game. It's misleading and confusing for people. You tried to answer the original question as if you knew what you were talking about. You did not, and now it looks like you want to save face. 3 mats are not required, and the consensus is that 2 will fit.

Additionally, I think almost anyone except someone who wants to feel smugly superior would interpret 'exact same' in the context of "it's the exact same as the one that comes in the game, but with different artwork in the background" as modifying some aspect of the mat, but clearly not the total. If, in that context, 'exact same' applied to the totality of the mat, the sentence would not have simultaneously included a clear exception to the assertion by saying it had different art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, all I was doing is saying there is another mat, not trying to sound like I know everything or like I am "smugly superior" as stated. The other mat is optional, just a fun thematic item you can get. Is it necessary? Nope. For the guy who politely asked about that, the answer is no, you don't need it, it is just a money grab that upper deck is doing to get you to spend more money. It's going to work though because it is cool looking and plenty of us will want one. The main point I was trying to make is that you can cut the broken token organizer in half to have 1 long row in each box and save money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.