mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I have gone through the first scenario and got the hang of combat and movement.

Now I want to find the best way to get to grips with the whole system. I am thinking of just setting up the full 10 turn game and going through it solo (no real intention of finishing the game)so as to see all the rules in play and get a good idea of them before teaching this to my gaming group.

Would there be any real issue of playing the full game solo? as I have seen there are 2 player scenarios as listed as solo as well, but these ignore large parts of the map, minor factions and take cards out of the deck.

So what im asking is there any real issues that I will come up against doing the full game solo to see it in its full glory (Though I will probably only play a round or 2 just to see how everything interacts together)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Falkenberg
Canada
Whitehorse
Yukon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I've been doing. No issues so far - making mistakes, but correcting as I go. I'm only halfway through the first turn - the only major conflict between two players has been Assyria attacking a large Mitanni force. Assyria had to regroup but dealt large casualties with only small losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good I might go ahead and set it up then, Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Svensson
Sweden
Olofstorp
flag msg tools
badge
SJ Rc4 1290
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a three player game solo, just to get hang of the mechanics. Doesn't bother me that not the whole map is used so far.

Also using three instead of four AM chits per turn speeds up the game somewhat when trying to learn the different parts of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found reading the playthrough example in the playbook really helped me grok some of the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have setup and started the full game, but I will also be reading through the play through as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I have it setup on a deck in my study and I think it will be occupying that spot for a few weeks. Giving me plenty of time to sit back and cover off on the rules as im playing a bit here and there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.