Ben Schomp
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firing rules are pretty straightforward, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

Quote:
8.1 Fire from a unit or stack can be performed against enemy units in the same area, or at enemy units in an adjacent area.

So if I'm in an area with an enemy unit and wish to fire, am I forced to fire at the enemy in my area, or can I fire into an adjacent area, ignoring the enemy units in my area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If there's a prohibition against that, I don't see it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules nearby, but I remember there was a restriction to either fire or movement, where you placed a marker noting which areas had been fired. I don't remember if that's related to your question, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
If there's a prohibition against that, I don't see it either.

I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you can freely fire at any adjacent area, regardless on control or enemy presence in either area. The only consequence is that the firing location is marked with a fire marker, so you won't get any terrain benefit there if the enemy fires at you, in return. You don't get a terrain benefit vs fire from within the same area, regardless.

The other main effect of leaving enemies alive in an area you mostly control is just thatnit costs an extra movement point to move out of that area. This means that ordinary infantry units, with only 2 MP, can't move out into another enemy occupied, or an enemy controlled, area, because that would cost 3 MPs - 1 to leave enemy units, 1 for the area, 1 for entering enemy units or control. Armor with 3-4 MPs, no problem. But infantry needs to clear out the enemy in their location before they can move on to fight in another enemy occupied area. They can fire, though, before then.

I hope that helps, and makes clear how lines and such actually work out in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls