flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have this game and the expansion and like them both quite a bit. I love the theme and the art, and it's one of the few competitive games my son will play (I have no idea why this one appeals to him more than others, but there it is).

Playing last night, I realized that my main complaint that keeps this in the "like" category, for me, is the sequential play -- in a three or four person game, there's a lot of down time. Has anyone tried house-ruling simultaneous play?

Here's my thinking about how it would work:

1. All players draw 5 cards
2. "first player" buys a teacher, then it goes around the table buying teachers.
3. "first player" buys a friend, then it goes around the table buying friends.
4. Pre class happens for everyone
5. Draw bffs and fight, all happening at the same time. Resolve sanity and inter-player conflict in turn order.
6. Pass first player marker clockwise.

Obviously, you'd have to experiment with the shop to either have more options or replace instantly when someone buys. But I think this might speed things up considerably, as everyone can ponder their purchases at the same time.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this once so far and it worked pretty well. The game went a little faster, and we were all occupied more of the time (which was the problem I was hoping to fix).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls