Firefly: Shiny Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing on Book, do I get points? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use Book to take out the last villain, so I get the $100 for taking them out? Or the Supplies that Badger might have captured?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Griffin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me at the moment, but here's my interpretation/recollection:

a)Book doesn't so much take out the last villain as let you escape, so you would get the 100 added to the at-risk pool for the other villains you took out, but not the one you escaped from;

b)I've been playing that you get the supplies that Badger takes at the moment you eliminate him - remaining supplies in the ship only become yours if you defeat all the villains.

I tend to see Book as most useful on your 2nd/3rd turn, when you have some points riding that you don't want to lose, but you can't otherwise defeat the current villain array (I can usually pull off 2 turns, but almost never 3 - I still try sometimes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiVenger wrote:
If I use Book to take out the last villain, so I get the $100 for taking them out? Or the Supplies that Badger might have captured?

The intent of book is that you "escape" the villain, not "defeat" them, so no, they won't add 100 to your temporary score pool.

The process is you should KO any Book dice, then you may escape from X villains, with X being the number of Book dice you KO'd, but again, they aren't defeated. Book offers you a way to escape, meaning you'll get the points in your temporary score pool, without being defeated, when you're in a position where you can't defeat them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls