6 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Irregular Battle Packs (6mm) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Burg
msg tools
Hello forum users!

I am wondering, how are the 6mm Battle Packs by irregular? I am talking about the £18 ones with two armies and rules included. I have searched and searched and googled, but to no avail. Anybody here that can describe the contents a bit? Irregular's website has absolutely no details.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking; I'd like to know more about the rules sets as I have wondered myself.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I had the Napoleonic battle sets which were painted up by a very nice (and now sadly defunct) painting service. They really put the lipstick on the pig and turned some very average figures into something useable (if you didn't look too closely). I'm assuming though, if you have seen their website, you are already aware of the quality of these figures.

The rules were binned after a quick scan through. Very old school and seemed to me 'knocked out in a hurry'.

Baccus figures are much better and the rules for their games are playable. I'd also recommend the Black Powder rules for 6mm. BP rules were designed for Napoleonics originally and play out a fun game in quick-ish time. 'Age of Eagles' aren't bad either.

That said, my experience of playing Nappy for twenty odd years is that everyone has their own (strong) views on how they should be played. The adage 'you can't please all the people all the time' particularly applies here!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Burg
msg tools
Thanks so much for the reply! I actually play DBA, so I've got the rules covered, but I will definitely check out your suggestion as well. I guess my main question is this: If I buy a battle pack with two opposing armies (say, Imperial Romans & Gallic) will it be enough to play with DBA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you would like slightly larger figures but retain the "mass" effect, before committing to sixes, take a look at Old Glory Miniatures' 10mm line. Good selection, great prices, readily available. I have a bunch of them for Dark Ages, AWI, and Napoleonics and hope to build DBA Crusades armies with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Burg
msg tools
Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.