Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really address this in the rule book as far as I can tell.
Are equipment cards open? Specifically ones you don't reveal when used.
I had been playing with them openly. I would visibly tap one as per the rules when I used it, although not revealing which it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
I had been playing with them openly. I would visibly tap one as per the rules when I used it, although not revealing which it was.

The equipment cards are placed face-down at the start. When using equipment like the Flash Bang or Smoke Grenade, the cards are flipped face-up. For the Stealth Field and Adrenal Surge, the cards are not flipped face-up but instead 'tapped' by rotating them to show they have been used. The Holo-Decoy is the only equipment that is never flipped face-up or rotated to show it has been used.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

If you look under the picture on Page 4 in the Using Equipment section in the Example text it reads:

Some cards are revealed when they are used. Other cards are not revealed and will remain secret when they are used.

Probably could be moved to a more conspicuous place like the main body of the Using Equipment paragraph instead of the last line of an example.

Just wanted to point out where it mentions it in the rulebook.

Happy gaming,
~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. In a game I played Wednesday, the agent set up the game box as a screen to keep us from seeing him writing. That was fine, but he also kept his equipment cards hidden behind so we had no idea whether or when he used them.

My question isn't whether they are revealed when used, but if the hunters get to see him tap cards that are not revealed when he uses them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Rimbey
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. In a game I played Wednesday, the agent set up the game box as a screen to keep us from seeing him writing. That was fine, but he also kept his equipment cards hidden behind so we had no idea whether or when he used them.

My question isn't whether they are revealed when used, but if the hunters get to see him tap cards that are not revealed when he uses them.

How a card is handled depends on what the card tells the agent to do.

Velocity Blade, Tangle Line, and Power Fists all say to reveal the card when used.

Holo Decoy says to NOT reveal the card, just note on the move sheet.

Stealth Field and Adrenal Surge say to turn 90 degrees when used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

If they didn't get to see him tap cards, there's no point in tapping them. They'd just be worded like the Holo Decoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnold Duong
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

The equipment cards are placed face-down at the start. When using equipment like the Flash Bang or Smoke Grenade, the cards are flipped face-up. For the Stealth Field and Adrenal Surge, the cards are not flipped face-up but instead 'tapped' by rotating them to show they have been used. The Holo-Decoy is the only equipment that is never flipped face-up or rotated to show it has been used.

Hope that helps

In regards to Rokkr's question, hunters definitely need to be able to see the equipment cards on the table.

What I'm wondering now is whether the Agent player needs to announce that he is using equipment. I know that the rules on Adrenal Surge/Stealth Field only say to turn it. I realize it isn't a big deal to just glance over at the beginning of each turn, but yesterday the hunters were bickering pretty heatedly (4 hunters with a traitor in our midst) and we missed one activation of a tap-equipment. I wonder how Emerson plays it and what his intent was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.