Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question, do you get 2 shots in a duel if you have 2 guns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's up to a house rule.

Argument one is that the rules of chivalry would say one gun.

Argument two is blast away and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering this myself and had decided i would allow it.

It should create a burden for the other team to pay attention and try to avoid dueling with that guy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Barrett
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think so and think it makes thematic sense to shoot both one after each other. For added difficulty just have the person shoot each gun with different hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Northern Raven wrote:
I think so and think it makes thematic sense to shoot both one after each other. For added difficulty just have the person shoot each gun with different hands.

the designer posted in another thread that if you have two guns - both can be used in a duel.

i agree that thematically, based on the chivalry argument (which really did exist to some degree in the "wild west"), that only allowing one shot is also reasonable. it would be something you'd want to decide on as a house rule before playing.

also - i definitely love the house rule that if you have two guns, you have to use each of your hands to flick - i also think they should be placed on the left and right of your figure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this should probably be house ruled. We played scenario 2 where the sheriff used both guns each time they shot during a duel. The player had to shoot from either side of the cowboy, but could use their dominant hand for both. As the outlaws, I really disliked this major advantage since the Sheriff holed up in a building early and the only way to shoot at him was to go in for a duel. Of course, then it came down to 2 attempts versus my one shot every time we moved a pace forward. I lost several good men to one sided duels. It doesn't seem very fair that he is the only one with access to an extra gun when he can hole up and just wait it out or have a major advantage in every duel. Thematic, sure. Fun, meh. I do like the idea of having to use the other hand for his second shot though. Still, during a duel I think it would be much more chivalrous and honorable to use only one gun. Either way, this game is a blast and we had a great time getting our butts kicked by the lawmen, but not without taking a few of them out first. The final duel was a heartbreaking sight though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.