Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the only race missing a leader token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you have a leader token for the Necromancer? The gameplay is so different that the leader token doesn't make any sense for the Necromancer.

Leaders are bought when you choose the race, but as the Necromancer you never chooses the race, and thus it makes no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Prokonsul Piotrus wrote:
Is this the only race missing a leader token?
Yes. All other Small World races have leaders except for those unique to Underground. Necromancer is not missing one, it simply does not require one because it does not function in the same manner as all the other races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, the argument given here that no Leader token is necessary for the Necromancer "because he is played differently" is poorly thought out. In fact, a token for the Ghosts would be a HUGE asset for the Necromancer, who normally has to pay quite a price for each Ghost token he summons to the board. The Leader would cost him only $1 (or $0 under the revised 2nd edition rules)!!! While I don't remember offhand if there is a token for the Ghosts in the 2nd edition Leaders set, you could as always use one of the generic "crown" leader tokens for the Ghosts if your table allows it.

Whaleyland wrote:
All other Small World races have leaders except for those unique to Underground.

Correction: The 1st edition of Leaders did not include tokens for races unique to Underground (since Underground had not been published yet). The 2nd edition (made in conjunction with the "Small World 2" Kickstarter) does include tokens for both Small World AND Underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot Leaders 2.0 came with Underground tokens. I don't have Underground so I must have stored the spare tokens elsewhere. I just checked and Necromancer ghosts are not included in 2.0. I thought Necromancer doesn't earn or score points. Isn't the whole point that they win by defeating everybody else or something. Clearly it's been a while since I used the expansion last. I'm still waiting for it to be added to the iPad app (fingers crossed!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.