Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert P
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 5-6 missions of Imperial Assault, but have never finished a full campaign.

Currently, I'm trying to play a weekly meet up with a few of my friends, in which we would complete one mission (be it a main story mission or a side mission) each week. I'd like to time it so that the week we finish the campaign is the week that Star Wars Episode 7 comes out.

Looking at the log sheet that Fantasy Flight provides on the back of the guidebook, there is a spot to record 10 regular missions and 1 final mission in a campaign. However, below are 4 spots for "Forced Missions" which can be added onto the campaign.

My question is, how many forced missions should I expect to occur within a normal campaign? Is having all 4 forced missions happen a likely event? Since I haven't played any full campaigns, hearing from people who have completed multiple campaigns would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect ~1 forced mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the Forced Missions come from the Agenda deck. You could just choose not to purchase those cards.

So yeah, plan for 1 Forced Mission from the Story and you'll be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Campaigns down, the first one had 1 forced mission, the second had none. I don't think they are meant to be super common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You may expect 11 to 14 missions, 11 and 12 being the most usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls