8 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » General

Subject: Protection for resistance tokens and mission tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John randolph Del mundo
msg tools
Hi,

I love playing the resistance but due to the enjoyment (and tension it brings at the same time), my friends unintentionally damage the tokens,cards and mission boards. In relation to this, I want to ask if the following ideas are ok for protection:

1. Is shrink wrapping on resistance token ok for protection? Or will the process damage the tokens?

2. Are there card sleeves that will fit the mission tracker board? If there is none, what protection do you suggest?

3. just want to ask the same questions for the reference/summary cards/tokens of coup resistance.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krylon clear coat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John randolph Del mundo
msg tools
Thanks for the suggestion. However, shipping for acrylic paint seems expensive since i am here in the philippines.. If ever, do you think what im planning (shrink wrap) will damage the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack elfrink
United States
McKees Rocks
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mundz004 wrote:
..... However, shipping for acrylic paint seems expensive since i am here in the philippines..
I cant help but ask. How much would it be for a new copy of The Resistance? Would it just be cheaper to flat out replace all the worn out components?

If you spend three times the cost of a game trying to toughen the components, and it winds up making them last twice as long, that would not be a net savings of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John randolph Del mundo
msg tools
the non kickstarter edition averages around Php2600 or $60(base game+ 2 expansions). Actually I am waiting for the kickstarter edition I purchased from ebay. Since I have not seen any kickstarter edition at our country and think that it is already rare, I am thinking of ways to preserve it when it arrives here in the Philippines.

Furthermore, my friend owns the materials and machinery for DIY shrink wrapping but I am not sure if it will work and not damage the tokens.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS edition is going to be rare everywhere. If you're talking about the KS for the two expansions then most of the contents is in the retail edition. For the parts that aren't and aren't cards you could easily make proxies and leave the originals in the box. In fact you could proxy all of the game and there's nothing wrong with doing that if you've bought the game (well legally there might be in some countries, but no one is going to sue you. Obviously this is not legal advice.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundz004 wrote:
Hi,

I love playing the resistance but due to the enjoyment (and tension it brings at the same time), my friends unintentionally damage the tokens,cards and mission boards. In relation to this, I want to ask if the following ideas are ok for protection:

1. Is shrink wrapping on resistance token ok for protection? Or will the process damage the tokens?

2. Are there card sleeves that will fit the mission tracker board? If there is none, what protection do you suggest?

3. just want to ask the same questions for the reference/summary cards/tokens of coup resistance.

Thanks!

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "resistance token". If you mean the gun and voting chits, you can double sleeve them with 1 pack of thick Mayday Mini USA (41 x 63mm) and 1 pack of thick Mayday Chimera (43 x 65mm). Yes, in this scenario I am recommending Mayday over FFS because they fit the chits better. This double sleeving will be slightly oversized but still comfortable to hold.

2. No one makes an approx 140 x 195 sleeve. Swan Panasia has a Ora et Labora sleeve set that includes 141 x 220, but I have no idea how well that will fit.

A more feasible solution is to use B5 clear pockets from your local stationery shop. I've heard success of laminating the mission tracker boards but this is at your own risk. Either way the mission tracker boards will then be too big for the box.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "coup resistance". No one makes a 50mm x 50mm sleeve for the mission leader token. There are no summary cards for resistance. Put your rules booklet in a generic ziplock bag that fits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John randolph Del mundo
msg tools
Hi thanks your reply. Yes i am talking about the vote and team (guns) token. Ok i will try your suggestion on the double sleeving.

For the coup resistance, it is another game by indie boards and cards designed by rikki tahta.

Once again thank you for the tip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.