Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is the situation.

The mastermind is Apocalypse. On your turn you play all your cards, the last being Emma Frost's Shadowed Thoughts. You reveal a new card from the Villains Deck, it's a Master Strike. Each player puts his/hers 1+ hero cards from their hands on top of their respective decks... but not you, as you've played all your cards already and they are not considered in your hand anymore, is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Sounds right.

Cards played aren't in your hand, but also aren't discarded (until the end of your turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That's what I thought, it's just incredibly nasty for the other players. What I mean by that is that revealing a card from the Villain Deck should be a vice, not a buff. Revealing a Master Strikes (a random event) means you 'dodge it' and simultaneously cripple other players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Mockerre wrote:
Revealing a Master Strikes (a random event) means you 'dodge it' and simultaneously cripple other players

The same is true of a number of Masterstrikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mockerre wrote:
That's what I thought, it's just incredibly nasty for the other players. What I mean by that is that revealing a card from the Villain Deck should be a vice, not a buff. Revealing a Master Strikes (a random event) means you 'dodge it' and simultaneously cripple other players

Sounds very Emma Frost to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls