Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the cards I had tonight (I think it was Cold Pizza) had an effect that was only valid if Cold Pizza was the only Breakfast troop in this Serving.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does that just refer to all the currently-fighting troops of all the players at the battlefield? Or does it refer to other Breakfast troops previously played by me?

I played it thinking the former (and stacked my deck using an Instant so it came out first before my other Breakfast troops) but then my opponent also played a Breakfast troop, and suddenly I wasn't as sure about my strategy.

I think that was the only hiccup in our play-through, and otherwise it was pretty seamless and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brown
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Should be all troops just now entering the battlefield, not including any troops that have already entered the battlefield.

In the Reveal Your Plates section of the rules it states:

"Once everyone at Breakfast has shuffled their troops, each of them reveals the top card of their five-card stack. This card versus card showdown is called a Serving."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
zerothefool wrote:
One of the cards I had tonight (I think it was Cold Pizza) had an effect that was only valid if Cold Pizza was the only Breakfast troop in this Serving.

When each player at a Meal reveals a card, they are all part of the same Serving. So if you reveal Cold Pizza and he is not facing any Breakfast Troops in this current showdown, then he is the only Breakfast Troop this Serving.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools