Robert McLean
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
No, it seems not.

I'm playing this with a dwarf-only deck (thematically, they are journeying to The Shire to collect this burglar that Gandalf has recommended).

I'm looking for some advice on how to win this. I play solo.

Being dwarves I have no ranged heroes and my only ranged allies come from the eagles. Healing is limited. Having entered this into the cardgamedb helps to think about some changes but I am looking for your advice.

Total Cards: (47)

Hero: (3)
1x Oin (On the Doorstep)
1x Gimli (Core Set)
1x Ori (Over Hill and Under Hill)

Ally: (28)
3x Gandalf (Core Set)
3x Radagast (A Journey to Rhosgobel)
3x Fili (Over Hill and Under Hill)
3x Kili (Over Hill and Under Hill)
1x Dwalin (On the Doorstep)
3x Winged Guardian (The Hunt for Gollum)
3x Veteran Axehand (Core Set)
3x Landroval (A Journey to Rhosgobel)
3x Descendant of Thorondor (The Hills of Emyn Muil)
1x Bifur (On the Doorstep)
2x Dori (Over Hill and Under Hill)

Attachment: (9)
2x Citadel Plate (Core Set)
2x Forest Snare (Core Set)
3x A Burning Brand (Conflict at the Carrock)
2x Self Preservation (Core Set)

Event: (10)
2x A Test of Will (Core Set)
2x The Galadhrim's Greeting (Core Set)
1x Swift Strike (Core Set)
2x Feint (Core Set)
3x Lore of Imladris (Core Set)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you restricted to Hobbit saga & packs through Rhosgobel? Shadow of the Past (Return to Mirkwood) can be invaluable for shadow-discarded Athelas and is neutral. Dunedain Cache (Dead Marshes) can give ranged for 2-leadership, though you'd have to change your hero lineup to take advantage of it. Healing Herbs (Foundation of Stone) would be a huge help and is 0-cost Lore.

With eagles already in the deck I think The Eagles Are Coming would be a useful addition, and you've already using cards from Hunt for Gollum. Dead Marshes and Return to Mirkwood add Eagle of the Misty Mountains and Vassal of the Windlord. If you're using Vassal and Guardian to buff the Eagle, you'll also want Horn of Gondor in your deck to take advantge of the eagles leaving play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls