Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Corbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I was having a go at creating a custom Maeoni Viper deck and I ran into a possible cool combo if I interpret this correctly:

Say I had both Summon Silver Snake and Summon Blood Puppet in my own Spellboard and over time I was able to get a Blood Puppet on my opponents battlefield while having a Silver Snake on my own.

If the blood puppet is then destroyed (either via myself or my opponent wanting to get it off their battlefield) would a statues token be placed on my Silver Snake, due to the Silver Snakes ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
I'm interested in this answer as well. From what I can tell, it's still undecided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is "it depends".

The consume ability specifically states that it only triggers on "spells, attack, counter, ability or dice powers" YOU control.

So, if you kill the snake after putting it under your opponent's control, yes. Your snake gets a status counter.

If your opponent self-kills their blood doll, your snake does NOT get a status counter. You might have put the blood doll on their side, but it was your opponent that used an ability to kill it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbfritz wrote:

The consume ability specifically states that it only triggers on "spells, attack, counter, ability or dice powers" YOU control.

So, if you kill the snake after putting it under your opponent's control, yes. Your snake gets a status counter.

If your opponent self-kills their blood doll, your snake does NOT get a status counter. You might have put the blood doll on their side, but it was your opponent that used an ability to kill it.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Corbett
United Kingdom
Walsall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
nbfritz wrote:

This is correct.

Ah, thanks all.
That makes sense =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
nbfritz wrote:

Just to make sure..you mean if you kill the blood puppet...or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.