Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spriggan Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Braybrook
msg tools
Hey Guys,

I really like the spriggan however got a few questions:

1) items are not spells i know that much, do they equip right away? like I lay oaken armor is it equipped or does it wait a round like reading parts/arrows etc? (we've been playing instant equip).

2)What are spells? we've been playing that only cards listed as spells or mention essences to use essences. So other things like summons do not, and maybe a few other outside of that. Is this correct?

3) When you attack with a summon say Bees, it says 3 d10. Do i roll 3D10 + my base? Do I get the FD from my equipped items that's not my talisman?

4) Should summons generate threat? I feel yes because if not i find your threat is very low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) as soon as you play a card with the keyword "Conjure" on it; it tells you to equip that related item with the same name (Acorn, Oaken Armor, etc.) It happens right there and then.

2)Correct,... you only "pay" Essence if you play a card with the keyword "Spell" on it.

3)My understanding is that you only get the dice on the card,.. It is not your hero, but the insects, etc that are doing the attacking. So you just use what it says on those cards.

4)No, this is specifically spelled out in the hero spreads for the new 2.0 cards. these are threat free cards for the Spriggan

*** Hero Spreads - two page details like in the rule book for the main heroes - is available as part of the zip file download with all of the expansion 2.0 hero cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
equipment/items cards on the spriggan?

I am assuming one can use item cards..although it does not make much thematic sense... as an example

The veil which allows LoS through enemies would be amazingly useful for ranged casting for the spriggan due to the range restrictions on a lot of the spriggan cards. At the same time a walking tree with a veil seems quite off.

Also armor, if wearing chainmail then cast the blackthron armor..... what are people doing/thinking about items...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you can equip regular items, but not at the same time as conjured ones (in the same item slot).

Some will make sense, others won't.

I'd imagine if you found a really good item that had great synergy with the spriggan, that you could then remove the conjuring card for the associated slot item from your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I assumed as much, but many thanks... having the LoS veil would be incredible for the casting classes... My apprentice has one 'permanently'

it would be nice ot find one for my spriggan as well(two base sets here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never equip regular armor/ weapons when playing the spriggand for the reason stated; it doesn't make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Braybrook
msg tools
Thanks for the reply. I find it hard to keep threat up with spriggan, he barely has any attacks outside of summons and they do not generate any threat. so as a tank without using ur cards or abusing promixty mobs. it seems difficult to become the tank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
Not all mobs use threat as primary. Only Muckers and Grubbers in the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.