Matthew Morris
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasteland Justice is a 2-4 player driving conflict game in a post-apocalyptic setting - think armed and armoured retrofitted vehicles driven by rival gangs, racing to win salvage / scavenging rights. Aim of the game is to be the first to complete a set number of laps or more often than not to be the “last player standing.” Further background can be supplied upon interest.

The prototype we have is in Alpha stage, it looks very plain and lacking in graphical input. However the game play tests very well and we are in the stages of expanding the playtest to incorporate a wider audience, but would like to include some initial artwork to give play testers a more complete feel.

The game components include : rulebook, dice, cards (half size playing cards), vehicle minitures, player boards, track pieces, and game tokens. We estimate that we have 95-99% of the final component requirements i.e. are reviewing whether to add a few more cards to provide greater choice/replayability etc.

We are offering compensation for work completed.

We are hoping this is not a one off and that we bring in the successful applicants of Wasteland Justice in earlier for our future planned projects, at least one of which will sit within the same background/setting where we would like to maintain continuity of visuals where possible.

We are looking for the following assistance;

Illustrator to provide
1 large drawn theme/flavour piece for front of box - exact size to be confirmed later, but estimated to be 300 mm x 300 mm (12 inches by 12 inches).
3-6 small/medium theme/flavour pieces for side of box and use within rulebook etc. Sizes to be agreed but should be no bigger than 150mm x 150mm for final print.
16 small driver portraits for cards. Final print Size = 35mm x 35mm. This is 16 individual drivers each with unique name and skill, we would like to characterise the portrait based upon skill/name where possible (note we are happy to change the names where it would help the artwork).
Style : Realistic with some characterisation for each portrait.
We will consider separate artists for the card portraits and the theme/flavour pieces if that suits your style.
Note we may need further artwork for marketing/crowd-funding etc as this project progresses, and we will agree this separately at the right time.

Sculptor to provide
4 x 3D freestanding models, these are all vehicles, 1 of each:
light class e.g. small hatchback, dune buggy, maybe a motorcycle and side car
medium class e.g. Large saloon car, SUV
Heavy class e.g. van, truck, pickup, lorry
and Wreck - a generic overturned car.
Style: realistic looking vehicles with stylised armour/weapons. Too much detail may not show/be evident on sizes below.
Final approximate sizes to fit on game board;
Maximum 15mm wide
by 25mm up to 40mm long (based upon type of model)
by height to suit model estimating between 10mm & 20mm based upon class, but guided by Sculptor.
The examples given are just an indication but need 3 distinct vehicle sizes/type (not including the wreck) so players can easily relate the miniature on the board to the information on their player board.

Application

For serious enquires we can provide access and walk through of existing components in current state and background etc to help you get creative in the right direction or help you decide if this is the right project for you.

Please PM to apply or with any questions or queries.

For applicants who are interested we would like to know/see the following;
a link to your existing portfolio
a little general background about yourself (if this is already on your profile or linked within with your profile that is fine, no need to repeat yourself).
time frame you are comfortable to work within. Ideally we would like to be nearing completion in 1 - 2 months of work starting, but willing to wait a little longer for the right artwork
expectation of your commercial compensation or options for collaboration, if any.
Please let us know if you have any other expectations or your own terms that will apply.

Notes/additional terms
We would want to retain ownership of all work produced, but will grant use for future self promotion.

I appreciate this is a long post and thank all for reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morris
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the very positive responses.

Sculptors
We are still looking for sculptors/modellers and would be interested in seeing more applications.

Illustrators
We now have enough Illustrators and will be replying to all those that have applied individually with an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztián Hartmann
Hungary
flag msg tools
Hi!
I'm a 3D modeller, I sent you a private message but here is my e-mail too: claydemon@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morris
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now closing applications for Wasteland Justice.

Thank you to all that have a applied and for all the kind words.

I am personally contacting all applicants to confirm if they were successful or not.

Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls