Subject: Indian movement question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Towards the end of a game, my opponent moved the Indians from Abraham, to an empty cap rouge, predicting I would want to regain it with troops I had in silery. I guessed that would be his move, so moved a group from beauport to St Charles instead.

As the Indians didnt get to conduct a raid or to scout. Do they still get the free, retreat to any legal space, move afterwards?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
As the Indians didnt get to conduct a raid or to scout. Do they still get the free, retreat to any legal space, move afterwards?

FWIW: Thematically it seems pretty obvious, doesn't it? If they can retreat after spending time & energy raiding or scouting, why wouldn't they be able to retreat if they didn't spend time & energy raiding or scouting?

But if you want/need a legal justification from the rules, I don't see any requirement in the scouting action that there exist any enemy blocks in the location. You simply reveal up to 4 enemy blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believed at the time they probably could, but common sense isn't always right in these matters!

Thematically they have the ability to fade into the wilderness, but if they arrive and have nothing to do, they may decide to hang around and chill a while laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls