Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a lot of great TMNT cards posted here on BGG and if it's okay with you guys, I would like this to serve as a Ninja Turtles master thread. I will continue to add any Ninja Turtle themed customs here, let me know if I'm missing any.

Cards by enigmahfc

Heroes
Donatello
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Raphael
Splinter
April O'Neil
Casey Jones
Miyamoto Usagi

Villains
Turtle Foes (Bebop, Rocksteady, Old Hob, Slash)
Shredder's Elite (Kitsune, Karai, Hun, Alopex

Henchmen Villains
Foot Clan
Mousers

Masterminds
Baxter Stockman
Shredder
Krang

Original thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/977668/teenage-mutant-ninja...
More TMNT Cards! thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1120367/more-tmnt-cards-new...
Files page: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92605/teenage-mutant-ninj...
UPDATE! July 20, 2019 new and improved cards from enigmahfc https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2240521/teenage-mutant-ninj...

Edit: I just realized these are a mix of cards from users: enigmahfc and moughonsolo. User ptm_junk shared some artscow decks ready to go for these too: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/legandary-cards... http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/legandary-cards... http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/legandary-cards...

Cards by Gen0cyd3

Schemes
4 Schemes and Resource cards to go with them

Original post: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19802749#19802749

Cards by moughonsolo

Heroes
Leonardo
Donatello
Michelangelo
Raphael
Casey Jones
Splinter
Metalhead

Villains
Turtle Foes (Bebop, Rocksteady, Old Hob, Slash, Metalhead)
Foot Elite (Foot Ninja, Heavy Foot Soldier, Karai, Leonardo)
Enemies of the Shell (Bludgeon, Hun, Kitsune, Koya)

Henchmen Villains
Foot Clan
Mousers
Sewer Rats
Rock Soldiers
Flyborgs

Masterminds
Karai
Shredder
Rat King
Krang
Baxter Stockman

Files page: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98297/more-tmnt-krang-rat...

Cards by fostorial

Heroes
(Mighty Mutanimals)
Old Hob
Herman
Mondo Gecko
Slash
Pigeon Pete

(The Foot Clan)
Shredder
Karai
Bebop & Rocksteady
Foot Ninja
Alopex

(Stock Gen)
Mousers
Baxter Stockman

Masterminds
Master Splinter
Old Hob

Villains
Ninja Turtles (Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo)
Turtle Allies (Nobody, April O'Neil, Harold Lillja, Casey Jones)
Mighty Mutanimals (Pigeon Pete, Slash, Mondo Gecko, Herman)

Schemes
New Mutant Order
Refine the Mutagen
Sabotage the Enemy

Bystanders
Mutated Test Subject

Original thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1402439/custom-cards-even-m...

I debut cards and a playmat by me, ryno80

Starters (to replace starting SHIELD agent cards)

Boost (to replace SHIELD Officer Maria Hill cards)

Master Strike

Scheme Twist

Wound

Playmat

Inspiration for the playmat from 1havok12 file page: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92913/custom-legendary-ga...

Please note that my cards already have the bleed built in (to print at artscow.com) per the awesome Photoshop template provided by rothkorperation at https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113811/psd-marvel-legenda...

I could not find a suitable turtle centric image for bystanders so I was planning on just using the Marvel version.

I would love to know what you guys think of my new cards and playmat and how we can make the best TMNT conversion ever!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT Conversion Project
Thank you for this. I printed all of the turtle variants (card stock) this week with out backs and realized I couldn't play them because I don't the right colored sleeves to hide the fact that the base cards are different.

You are a life saver
(Not, you know, literally, but you still rock)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool stuff here but have you considered using other characters to replace the shield agents and troopers? I think yours work well and are very thematic but I was just sitting here brainstorming what ally characters might work there. Personally I would probably use Donnie's friend Harold as Shield Agents, Metalhead prototypes as Troopers, and April as Maria Hill. Harold provides stars as he helps with inventions, Metalhead helps with attack, and April is generally a support role and non-combatant so I'd rather have her as a resource. Maybe you could use the Neutrinos but that does kind of pigeon hole you as they are really only in a few stories, at least the IDW version which much of this art seems based on. Even if you were dead set on using April as a character maybe you could use Honeycutt as Maria Hill. Just my $0.02. Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Liono58 wrote:
Very cool stuff here but have you considered using other characters to replace the shield agents and troopers? I think yours work well and are very thematic but I was just sitting here brainstorming what ally characters might work there. Personally I would probably use Donnie's friend Harold as Shield Agents, Metalhead prototypes as Troopers, and April as Maria Hill. Harold provides stars as he helps with inventions, Metalhead helps with attack, and April is generally a support role and non-combatant so I'd rather have her as a resource. Maybe you could use the Neutrinos but that does kind of pigeon hole you as they are really only in a few stories, at least the IDW version which much of this art seems based on. Even if you were dead set on using April as a character maybe you could use Honeycutt as Maria Hill. Just my $0.02. Keep up the good work!

I was thinking about this too.

Thematically, in Marvel, shield agents are plentiful and generic (as are Hydra agents) which is why it makes sense to have a bunch in your hand. Maria Hill is technically "Shield Officer" which is also plentiful in sheild.

The turtles don't have a an army at their disposal, so having the starter cards like this is like playing as all of the turtles as a group and all they are doing to simple actions. Then they can build their skills (by purchasing their own cards) or recruit their friends help.

April does make sense as the support character but though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Liono58 wrote:

I did consider using other characters for the shield agents and shield officer replacements, but what I wanted to try to accomplish in my version was a different perspective. I wanted the players to feel like they were taking on the roles of the turtles themselves and progressing their own fighting skills while recruiting allies and scarfing down pizza. I thought it would be a little more exciting than the approach in the base game.

Also, I would hate to waste named characters in these decks as it may cause conflicts with any hero or villain versions of them or flood your game with said character(s) as both starters and heroes.

Great ideas though, sounds like you definitely know the source material better than I do. I haven’t read all the IDW comics only scanned through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes complete sense, that's why I selected characters that might not be as interested as full characters but do like your idea to make it stand out from normal Legendary. Lots of cool characters from the new series that could be used to flesh out playable heroes. I will definitely follow the cards people are making and maybe add some of my own someday.

You really should check them out if your a Turtles fan. Does a nice job of meshing characters and events from all the various turtle mediums into one compelling, comprehensive story.

Also in regards to the Turtles not having an army that's completely true but they did fight alongside the Neutrino rebels and it could be argued they are at least friendly with an army in the making.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Currently the turtles are friendly with Old Hob who's working on his mutant army

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering when would someone make the base cards TMNT style ahaha

Great job!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be cool if your pizza party card had some kind of effect, much like they added to Viper in Villains. Like, since it's a pizza party, the more you play the stronger they get or something along those lines... But this isn't a major complaint, I really like what you've put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think of the simplicity of the playmat? Would you rather see it more detailed with images in each slot or anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my 3 artscow.com decks in today (linked in original post (from user ptm_junk)). They look okay, not amazing. The colors are a little dull but I have experienced with every custom print on demand service I've ever used. The issue is certainly the cutoff on the edges too much all the way around. Everything is still playable but not ideal. I'm assuming this is a result of the uploader not including the bleed on these. As I have printed things in the past with the appropriate bleed and had no problems. It's a good thing I recently bought a ton of opaque blue fantasy flight sleeves.

In other words: ADD THE BLEED BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR ART TO ARTSCOW/COWCOW.

Sorry for the yelling, in the case of tl;dr just wanted to make it clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nguyen
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
ryno80 wrote:
I did consider using other characters for the shield agents and shield officer replacements, but what I wanted to try to accomplish in my version was a different perspective. I wanted the players to feel like they were taking on the roles of the turtles themselves and progressing their own fighting skills while recruiting allies and scarfing down pizza. I thought it would be a little more exciting than the approach in the base game.

Food for thought, you already took a page from Legendary Encounters (Aliens and upcoming Predator) with starter cards, thinking of going all the way and have a "Compatability set" of sorts? (Avatars of the crazy quartet + Master Splinter and misc Allies?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone considered adding a Bystander card to match this set? Or maybe even doing some custom dividers?
This set is so close and I think that these things would really bring it all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have some vertical dividers but only for the ones I've printed. 1 bystander but its meant to be only a couple in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I am just trying to find a regular bystander for the original set.
But you did a great job with yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ron b for the request and encouragement for bystander. Here is the basic bystander. For any wondering who the lady with bow and arrow is, she's Karai an elite member of the Foot and she's about to assassinate this dude, can you stop her in time!?

Next up, I updated the starters and boost with minor visual changes, but mostly to give them their own team. This icon represent ninja turtles in training (because they all have red bandanas to start with before Splinter gives them each their own unique colors).

Finally, I made some turtles heroes. I ordered some cards made by other users enigmahfc and moughonsolo. I totally give these guys credit for all the quality hard work on these, however I just wanted to retool to my own personal play style and preferences. I fully admit, that I am reusing, borrowing and/or modifying other people's work and ideas. That said, here are my turtles + splinter heroes - I like the way these ramp and synergize to recruit early and fight late.

Donatello

Leonardo

Raphael

Michelangelo

Splinter

Edit: Replaced the common 2 Leonardo. I had his recruit value too low at 1 earlier, changed to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you !

This turned out awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated master list to include moughonsolo's latest additions to his file page:

Mastermind
Baxter Stockman

Henchmen
Flyborgs

Villains
Enemies of the Shell (Bludgeon, Hun, Kitsune, Koya)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sleeping my villains expansion to this, it occurred to me that a new base set needs something new to make it stand out. We have sidekicks and madam Hydra/new recruits so we need something turtles.

Was thinking mutations could be cool. Minor turtles characters that you could recruit to your deck by koing a bystander as you rescue it.

Needn't be characters either. Could just be animals. I'd say random draw but a decent amount of variation.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halstead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The link to the schemes seems to have died. Anyone have a back up of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rand
msg tools
All of this stuff looks great -- and I'd been thinking of making a TMNT expansion myself! Some of the things I'd thought about in my own musings had been:

-Casey Jones is the SHIELD Trooper replacement, maybe even just called "Vigilante" (the most powerful human ally of theirs)
-April O'Neal is the SHIELD Agent replacement (their main source of info and resources)
-Splinter is actually he SHIELD Officer Replacement (their main provider of knowledge, training, and support)

I also thought a fun thematic thing would be to use the card classes to match up with the turtle's colors -- in which case you'd actually use their designations from the Legendary Encounters expansion as opposed to the Marvel designations, so

Leonardo would have lots of Blue "Leadership" cards
Donatello would have lots of Black "Tech" cards (makes sense and closest to purple)
Michelangelo would have lots of Orange "Intel" cards (though this seems counter to what you think of when you think of Mikey, but their yellow/orange)
and Raph would have lots of Red "Survival" cards (which I do think makes sense since he's always portrayed being a loner and fending for himself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schachtner
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I like to play games solo or over hangouts.
badge
Nothing to see here, madness.
mbmbmbmbmb
djhalstead wrote:
The link to the schemes seems to have died. Anyone have a back up of them?

Anyone see updated links to the schemes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these are the schemes by Gen0cyd3, but i'm not sure:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob REUX
United States
San Diego
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dOES ANYONE HAVE THE OOZE CARDS THAT SEEM TO BE NEEDED FOR THESE SCHEMES. aLSO HOW MANY ARE NEED.

Sorry about caps, to lazy to retype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Ooze card:

Sorry, but I can't help with the numbers, I think it was based on a resources idea by fostorial, but I don't remeber if he ever stated numbers or not for resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob REUX
United States
San Diego
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kind Sir,

Not sure on counts either but i'm going to try 10 cards per player and see how that works. I'm not sure if that will work scaling from 1-5 but It seems like 10 might be good for what the schemes are asking for a solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |