Subject: Command Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a command card that says...."Play this card during the Draw Phase"...mean...You can use it right away when you "DRAW" it, or do you have to wait till the "NEXT" draw phase then use it.
Also, Does a vehicle that has no crew and is the only thing on frontline create a "NO FRONTLINE", thus making whatever units you had in the rear line move up to the frontline...
Thanks for any help
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've understood it as no, the card needs to be in your hand as you enter the Draw phase.

... and that a lone crewless frontline unit gets "captured" which triggers the no frontline effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gary,
but the the crewless vehicle "Could" be captured...meaning, I would have to have a unit to crew it with at the start of next turn...right?
Also, if the other side got iniative and had a crew...they could Recrew it with their men...correct
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new rules say that if alone crewless on the frontline, it is captured. So now it moves over to your frontline force as if it's your crewless unit or you can choose to add it to your VP pile (x2). They cannot take it back unless you chose to move it to your side and they repeat the same against you somehow (ie. recaptured!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...Ok. Crap, I misplayed one then. Have to remember that one.
Wonder about my rear line Partisan attack question then...lol....
thanks again Gary.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received any EF goodies yet, just been watching the on line materials. I don't know what the Partisans units do, but it does sound fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there is one scenario where you get I think like 3 partisans to put in the Rear Line of the Germans...they can give rear line units hell...just really not sure of what their limitations were. It is not really discussed in Rules...Can they ONLY attack the rear line?? What happens if they kill of crew of gun...can they man it (Russians)? If so...can it be used against other German Rear Line Units?? Or, does it have to be destroyed...cause you can not make the unit end up on Russian Lines...Ie... captured unit...What do you think Gary?
Should let the Partisans man the unit...give them like a -2 attack penalty(cause unfamiliar with weapon)?? Let them open fire on other rear line and maybe even front line German units...until destroyed...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that they would be vulnerable to both German frontline and rear units but also able to attack both equally. Sounds like they could just "de-crew" it but not "capture" it (until it moves up to a natural frontline capture status).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ncree wrote:
The new rules say that if alone crewless on the frontline, it is captured. So now it moves over to your frontline force as if it's your crewless unit or you can choose to add it to your VP pile (x2). They cannot take it back unless you chose to move it to your side and they repeat the same against you somehow (ie. recaptured!).

This is correct. Thanks Gary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
k9mike wrote:
Yeah, there is one scenario where you get I think like 3 partisans to put in the Rear Line of the Germans...they can give rear line units hell...just really not sure of what their limitations were. It is not really discussed in Rules...Can they ONLY attack the rear line?? What happens if they kill of crew of gun...can they man it (Russians)? If so...can it be used against other German Rear Line Units?? Or, does it have to be destroyed...cause you can not make the unit end up on Russian Lines...Ie... captured unit...What do you think Gary?
Should let the Partisans man the unit...give them like a -2 attack penalty(cause unfamiliar with weapon)?? Let them open fire on other rear line and maybe even front line German units...until destroyed...lol

Partisans aren't able to act as crews, just harass. I'd let them focus on the unit, not the crew, and if they take out the unit, the crew fate is per the rules (based on the intensity shot). With that, there is a chance (4-6) that the crew will be captured and give you double the crew points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Byron,
Another question in regards to the Command Cards In the Draw Phase....
If a card says...Play anytime in draw phase....Can you play that card, Yet still get another Command Card?? Or, does it take the place of being able to DRAW a command card for that turn....its the one where you can pick any command card out of deck....lets say I have it in my hand an the draw phase comes...do I play that to get a card I want...but, not draw a command card for that turn?? Or, do I get to still draw a card....
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing takes away your automatic command card draw of 1 per turn.

Some command cards do say play "at the beginning of the draw phase", which would be before you draw the normal command card draw. Other command cards say play "in the draw phase" which is anytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls