Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Do both players always start with 9 cards at the beginning of the game?


2. A certain jihad card, (I cannot remember the name) allows you to Test 3 countries.

Which countries can you test?
Does that work with Good Allies?
Because that seems way too powerful.



3. The 2 OP Iran card says you get 2 rolls for minor jihads.
Does that mean you roll 2 dice twice or 2 dice once?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the starting scenario, yes.
2. You can only test countries that are currently untested, anything that already has a Governance or Posture is not untested. Untested countries are Muslim countries without Governance markers on them or non-Muslim countries without a Posture marker.
3. You roll 2 dice once, looking to get equal to or under the current Governance of the country you selected.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:

3. You roll 2 dice once, looking to get equal to or under the current Governance of the country you selected.


I disagree with this answer. You would make two separate 2-dice minor jihad rolls. "If Jihadist, make two jihad rolls there." So if you select, say, a fair country, you would get two chances to roll at or under the current Governance to lower it. EDIT: This is incorrect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
I disagree with this answer. You would make two separate 2-dice minor jihad rolls. "If Jihadist, make two jihad rolls there." So if you select, say, a fair country, you would get two chances to roll at or under the current Governance to lower it.

A minor Jihad is not a 2 dice roll though, it is a roll with a number of dice equal to the Ops you use. You are not using Ops when you play Iran for the event so the Ops value doesn't matter and "2 Jihad rolls" would be 2 one die rolls.

It's possible that the intent of the card is that you should make the rolls one after the other, so if you lower the Governance on the first roll you would have a greater chance of lowering it on the second roll... but I don't believe that is the case.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
westwardhough wrote:
I disagree with this answer. You would make two separate 2-dice minor jihad rolls. "If Jihadist, make two jihad rolls there." So if you select, say, a fair country, you would get two chances to roll at or under the current Governance to lower it.

A minor Jihad is not a 2 dice roll though, it is a roll with a number of dice equal to the Ops you use. You are not using Ops when you play Iran for the event so the Ops value doesn't matter and "2 Jihad rolls" would be 2 one die rolls.

It's possible that the intent of the card is that you should make the rolls one after the other, so if you lower the Governance on the first roll you would have a greater chance of lowering it on the second roll... but I don't believe that is the case.


Yes, nevermind, you are correct that I am incorrect.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.