3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: the Adventurers Horus or La Isla for two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools

Horus: Love Egyptian themes. Looks great and light. Seems to play fast. Don't mind playing two adventurers each. (Wife loves Thebes and drawing treasure tiles from bag)

la isla : board and components look 'meh'. Animal themes appeal to wife. Seems to have more strategy. Better replay ability?

I put a lot of value in how a game looks, how the theme comes across, and on visuals, Horus definitely wins here.

My order now includes 6 games and I have to pick one of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cecil
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played La Isla, but I do enjoy Horus. It plays quickly, its easy to set up and explain, and it is a lot of fun egging your opponents on to keep digging for treasure as the entrance is quickly being blocked in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
La Isla for two has already been discussed here: 2 players?, and I stand by my comment in that thread. On the looks side, I was wondering if perhaps the pictures don't quite do the game justice. I can only say that I find the game pleasing, although I agree it's not a piece of art; it's more of a family game and the art reflects that. The cardboard components are on the flimsy side, but then again - it's also a relatively cheap game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.