5 Posts

The Undercity: An Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Similar to D&D Boardgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not bashing it as i bought two copies though realized so far based on some videos that there AI concept is somewhat based on the D&D concept from CR, WOA etc...

Not bad but gee they could of at least done something with the board..its like no thought into it also wondered can one decide to forget the given board and play it with other given boards from other games... only issue i see is depending on the given campaign scenario...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if the game is similiar good as D&D ravenloft,wrath, etc its great for me! No DM is the best part of this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i double your statement.. though overall looks awesome aside from there disastrous board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really bad news for me. I think my shop may be getting a copy, so still might check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played all the D&D Boardgames and now Undercity too.

We prefer Undercity *much* more!

The heroes "feel" much more heroic and the Feat cards allow a constantly changing choice of bonuses. The Ability deck upgrades are tailored for each hero and give them a lot of abiity to upgrade.

The villain action cards make each turn different in terms of which villains activate, spawning with index tokens makes different monsters come out in different amounts based on the chapter which gives it theme while also still being random.

The Tactics on the villain cards are clear and varied enough, and sometimes changed based on the chapter instructions. The villains "feel" more active and smarter than those in the D&D games.

We are currently playing the D&D game Temple of Elemental Evil with its campaign (we're on mission 10) and I'd prefer to dump it in favor of starting Undercity with this group, but they all want to finish ToEE first.

If you like the D&D games, you'll LOVE Undercity. Except for the stupid, bland board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls