Subject: How many missions come with the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I gather that this can have infinite expansions by releasing deck after deck of missions, but how many come with the original game?

My concern is that while this looks great and I'm excited to get my hands on this, the replayability is pretty much zero once you've completed a mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is only one mission included in the game.

Quote:
The base box contains the entirety of the T.I.M.E Stories system and allows players to play all of the scenarios, the first of which — Asylum — is included. During a scenario, which consists of a deck of 120+ cards, each player explores cards, presented most often in the form of a panorama. Access to some cards require the possession of the proper item or items, while others present surprises, enemies, riddles, clues, and other dangers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_vinman wrote:
I believe there is only one mission included in the game.

Quote:
The base box contains the entirety of the T.I.M.E Stories system and allows players to play all of the scenarios, the first of which — Asylum — is included. During a scenario, which consists of a deck of 120+ cards, each player explores cards, presented most often in the form of a panorama. Access to some cards require the possession of the proper item or items, while others present surprises, enemies, riddles, clues, and other dangers.

Vinman is correct. One scenario included. The second will shortly follow. A third, set in Egypt, is also on the horizon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it already known how long on average it takes to explore this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of discussion on this topic already.

Tell me more!
&
Does the game come with a "story"

coralsaw wrote:
Is it already known how long on average it takes to explore this scenario?

To answer your question, I have read play times from 4-10 hours, with most being 6hr or more. There are rules included on how to freeze/save the game and resume in another session.

Once the mystery is solved, there are no provided alternate set ups or rearrangements to generate a new/different experience. At least for the base game and the first planned expansion.

I have read that there are future expansions in the works that will have some variability that will allow for more than one unique play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck Cini
France
Nice
flag msg tools
I've heard the basic box works like some sort of "toolbox" or "console", so any new scenario can provide a different experience/game mechanics/etc.

For example, there's a possibility that some new scenario transform T.I.M.E. Stories in a competitive game, or add more replayability, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the base game is sort of two parts.

1. Everything you need to play a TIME Stories deck (or close to it)
2. One TIME Stories deck, Asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
It will be like the Lord of the Rings LCG from Fantasy Flight except more expensive and with less replayability, less scenarios in the base box and no customization. Still sounds like a cool game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us a bit more than two hours, though we had a game master assisting that taught us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
It took us a bit more than two hours, though we had a game master assisting that taught us.

Did the GM teach just the rules, or did they also give scenario-specific hints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
A "Game master" is not needed, and shouldn't give any hints. He or she helps with the rules and may even do the briefing (skipping the base phase), but that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one scenario is ok, but it should really have come with a mini-scenario for learning the rules. Only needs to be one room, you can explore which has some of the stuff you need to know, rolling for tests, locked rooms etc..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.