Subject: Multiple Faction Questions for FP, SC, SM, & TG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ariel & Michelle Diaz-Nanasca
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Fallen Phoenix, why does Karthos's special ability specify "...choose 1 Common Fallen Kingdom Unit..."? Also, why does From the Ashes specify "... when one of your Phoenix Elf Units destroys an adjacent Enemy Unit with an attack. Take a Fallen Kingdom Common Unit..."? Is the usage of Fallen Kingdom and Phoenix Elf important in the wording? Are these two names interchangeable? If it does matter, it seems like the Fallen Phoenix faction can't use either of these cards, but I highly doubt this is the case. Is this wording primarily applicable to deck-building?

For Sand Cloaks, when using the flee event card on a unit, if that unit has one enemy unit on his left and another enemy unit on his right can you use the flee event card in the following way? The enemy on the left attacks and does 1 damage. Before the enemy on the right can attack my unit, can I use flee to move out of the way and get out of range of the enemy on the right?

For the Swamp Mercenaries, does Swamp Dominion give Glurblub a maximum of 5 or 7 dice in an attack? I read it can be 7 on the Plaid Hat forums. I just wish it was more clearly outlined with "+5" in the text like Blerg's card in the Swamp Orcs faction.
Also, does the boarboon that begins the round on the board (the one the starting set-up card gives you) roll 3 dice on the first round of combat, or does he only roll 2 because he wasn't technically summoned?

For the Tundra Guild, Avalanche has 3 hit points and functions as an ice wall. If 4 or more damage is inflicted on the avalanche card, does the extra damage go anywhere (the unit underneath the avalanche card, for example), or does that damage just disappear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Woodland Hills
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
You flinched!
badge
Now you have to marry your mother-in-law.
mbmbmbmbmb
theboardgametutors wrote:
For the Fallen Phoenix, why does Karthos's special ability specify "...choose 1 Common Fallen Kingdom Unit..."? Also, why does From the Ashes specify "... when one of your Phoenix Elf Units destroys an adjacent Enemy Unit with an attack. Take a Fallen Kingdom Common Unit..."? Is the usage of Fallen Kingdom and Phoenix Elf important in the wording? Are these two names interchangeable? If it does matter, it seems like the Fallen Phoenix faction can't use either of these cards, but I highly doubt this is the case. Is this wording primarily applicable to deck-building?

Fallen Phoenix Units count as both Fallen Kingdom Units AND Phoenix Elf Units, so From The Ashes can be used with any Common unit in the base deck. The wording is important when building a deck in that a Fallen Kingdom Unit cannot activate the card and can't raise any Phoenix Elf Units.

For Sand Cloaks, when using the flee event card on a unit, if that unit has one enemy unit on his left and another enemy unit on his right can you use the flee event card in the following way? The enemy on the left attacks and does 1 damage. Before the enemy on the right can attack my unit, can I use flee to move out of the way and get out of range of the enemy on the right?

Yes, you can move out of range.

For the Swamp Mercenaries, does Swamp Dominion give Glurblub a maximum of 5 or 7 dice in an attack? I read it can be 7 on the Plaid Hat forums. I just wish it was more clearly outlined with "+5" in the text like Blerg's card in the Swamp Orcs faction.
Also, does the Boarboon that begins the round on the board (the one the starting set-up card gives you) roll 3 dice on the first round of combat, or does he only roll 2 because he wasn't technically summoned?

Swamp Dominion adds a maximum of 5 dice for a total 7 dice when attacking.

The starting Boarboon attacks with 2 dice since they were not summoned that turn.

For the Tundra Guild, Avalanche has 3 hit points and functions as an ice wall. If 4 or more damage is inflicted on the avalanche card, does the extra damage go anywhere (the unit underneath the avalanche card, for example), or does that damage just disappear?

The damage is only applied to the Avalanche, so once it is destroyed the extra damage does not carry over onto the unit beneath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel & Michelle Diaz-Nanasca
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. It all makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip