Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please help.
I have the darker first edition maps and the map I call the docking bay.
It has lots of red lights
(Has what looks like a large docking area in the middle that looks as if it opens up). The b side is the walkways.
Anyway my question is regarding the docking bay. Across the centre the line either side of the centre line appear to be red?. Are they low cover as this makes no sense at all.
Please help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe there is cover on that center line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for that I thought as much thematically but THX for confirming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just warms my heart to see someone's still playing this gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I'm still unclear on some of the colouring on my first edition boards for cover and window. I can't seem to find any images to be sure.
Seems quite hard to win as the nasties as the good guys can diagonally move through their line making it easy for them to snatch a win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Yes I'm still unclear on some of the colouring on my first edition boards for cover and window. I can't seem to find any images to be sure.
Seems quite hard to win as the nasties as the good guys can diagonally move through their line making it easy for them to snatch a win

We experienced the same issue a couple times, but overall my opponent was successful as Strain keeping my Vanguard held down. The first time I did it, he quickly adjusted and it didn't happen very often after that.

He won most of the scenarios. His general tactic was to move his phase 1's first each round to either bait my reflex actions, since if I chose not to fire I'd lose them. After I was out of shots, he's creep in with his Stalkers and just tear me up so bad. Ugh, it was painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here. Maybe these will help. JPGS of all the tiles in the gallery for the game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1344843/sedition-wars-battle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes particularly mission one of the campaign.
even using the cinematic force setup
the vangaurd seem to come through in short order and its all over before i can do much damage.
mind you i was concentrating on killing rather than infecting as i felt this was a quicker way of destroying the vangaurd.
i think the 8 bodies regen is quite un obtainable so opted to take his squad out.
also i held back some of my strain ones to guard the entrance to the computer room and section door.
i should probably have rushed them all forward to get the nano clouds flowing.
i really think its a shame about the teething problems this game had as i think its quite unique in many ways.
thank you for all your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi buddy while i have your attention i have only three more questions remaining.
1 what is the final ruling on doors. is it white doors are auto and the others cost one to open and close?.im assuming you dont have to be directly in line with a door to open/trigger it and that diagnally adjacent would open/trigger a door

2 how do you handle movement through board section doors?.
do you move through them in a straight line like window or can you move through them diagonally like other doors. i find the later hard to envision.

3 and finally if you move a nano spore onto and enemy do you roll to see if it infects the model and remove it only if it does or do you as in the rule book automaticaly infect the model and remove the nano spore?.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Final ruling on doors is they all cost 1 MP to open. The only real difference between door types now is nano cannot move through the section doors. You can open them from all adjacent spaces, which includes diagonals.

2. The way the tiles were designed makes section doors less obvious than they should be. But treat the "edge" spaces on each board as if they're adjacent. This leads to some un-intuitive diagonal movements, but if you just treat them as being adjacent it'll makes sense after a few times.

3. Nano got a pretty late change in errata. It works like this.

If a non-Strain model is in a square occupied by 1 or more nano
counters at the end of the Strain Force Management phase, the
model must make a status check for each counter (4+ to pass, 3+
for a Hero or Commander). If failed, remove that counter and the
model gains an infection counter. You only remove the nano counter if the non-strain model fails his status check and gains an infection counter. Flavor-wise, you could view this like someone is holding their breath and the nano cloud doesn't' get breathed in, so it stays put.

Damn.....All this chat is really making me want to break this out and play some more.

If you haven't already done so, I really cannot stress enough how helpful the summaries and redesigned cards produced by Universal Head at The Esoteric Order of Gamers are for this game. They incorporate all of the FAQ and errata updates in a small, easy to read format. All of the cards are accurate as of the last FAQ and errata, so no need to cross reference 100 times during a game. Everything is correct, right in front of you.

I'm always happy to answer questions about Sedition Wars. Support is not easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much buddy that's cool.
I'm assuming its still 2 nano clouds to spawn a phase one ?.
I played this with my wife after having played a few games on my own and it is actually a lot more fun two players.
Still seems very hard for my strain to get any momentom going with only. 6 Zeds and 2 stalkers. I heard the first mission was quite unbalanced in favour of the good guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. 2 nano for phase 1 necroform spawn

I've only played solo a hand full of times as part of the group that developed / play tested the solo rules. In short, I did not find that method of play fun or intuitive. I understand some people enjoy that type of play, but it just wasn't for me.

Head-to-head is the only way to go, in my humble opinion.

Your experience with scenario 1 is normal. The campaign is designed to ease players into the rules of the game, and each mission is balanced in a specific way to work toward that goal. And they're not always what you'd call "balanced" traditionally. Some lean more toward the Vanguard, others The Strain, but that leaning is intentional.

Mission 1 really is mostly about learning how to move and shoot at the most basic level. And thematically, the Vanguard are just entering the space station. I think (and this is only my personal interpretation) it would be counter to the narrative if the Vanguard walked in and were immediately wiped off the map. What more would there be to the game?

Future missions will ramp up the difficulty against the "good guys" and by the end, if your Strain player is good, you'll find yourself wishing you were playing the "bad guys" My buddy won most rounds as Strain.

Keep me updated on your progress. I'm enjoying this little chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls