9 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Do you need multiple coplies of each core set and expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I wanted another copy of Darth Vader (from the core set), that means I would have to buy another core set right? Or do any of the expansions have extra copies of things that came out of the core set?

Being that you can only include 2 copies of an objective, that means you can only have 2 copies of a darth vader otherwise....AND you would need to buy TWO core sets right?

While watching videos on how to pay the game, I watched a few tournament matches where an announcer mentioned 4 copies of a character. HOW would they get 4 copies of a character if they are only allowed 2 copies of an objective meaning they would only be able to have 2 copies of the character. I believe the character was Kyle Katarn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use 2 cores and 2 copies of Edge of Darkness. Those have only single copies of the objective sets so a 2nd copy gets you a full playset.

All other Star Wars LCG products have a full playset (2 copies of most objective sets and 1 copy of "limit 1 per deck" objective sets).

Regarding Vader, there are multiple objective sets with Vader in it, but it is a different Vader for each different objective set. So you won't find the core Vader anywhere except the core.

You can have 4 copies of a character if, like Kyle Katarn, the objective set includes 2 copies of the character, so including 2 copies of the objective set results in 4 copies of the character. Or, as is the case with Yoda, you could include 2 copies of each objective set with him and there are 3 objective sets, so you could have 6 copies of Yoda in a deck! Well, you used to. I think the most recent errata restricted two of those sets so that's not legal anymore in Yoda's case. But that still works for characters like Han, Luke, and soon Chewie who have multiple objective sets with the same character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. A friend and I just started playing and I was looking into the cards and objectives and thought this is going to be SUPER expensive to have to buy two sets of everything just to have everything.

I'm glad they changed the way they handle the expansions and include two copies of each otherwise we probably wouldn't ever expand this game at all.

EDIT: Looks like "balance of the force" also only comes with one copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:

It does, but that is okay as all of the objective sets in that box are 'limit 1 per deck' sets. So 1 of the Balance box is still a full playset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
evilnox wrote:

It does, but that is okay as all of the objective sets in that box are 'limit 1 per deck' sets. So 1 of the Balance box is still a full playset.

Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
msg tools
team covenant also sells single objectives if you just want one or two objectives and not the whole core set or whatever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
evilnox wrote:

Nice.

To be honest, unless you'll be playing with the 1v+2 decks, Balance of the Force is a pass. There's some nice cards, but outside of multiplayer formats, it just isn't worth the asking price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
evilnox wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
evilnox wrote:

Nice.

To be honest, unless you'll be playing with the 1v+2 decks, Balance of the Force is a pass. There's some nice cards, but outside of multiplayer formats, it just isn't worth the asking price.

Agreed! Unless you are a completionist or want the 1 vs 2 pre-formatted decks, there isn't enough reason to buy this expansion unless you REALLY like a couple of the sets. Between the Shadows is a much, much better expansion imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FaydeShift wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:
evilnox wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
evilnox wrote:

Nice.

Agreed! Unless you are a completionist or want the 1 vs 2 pre-formatted decks, there isn't enough reason to buy this expansion unless you REALLY like a couple of the sets. Between the Shadows is a much, much better expansion imo.
Yeah, the only other reason to grab it would be, it's got some really snazzy art. So if that's what's drawing you to the cards, it might be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.