Diplomacy» Forums » General

Subject: Question about posting some home-made "covers" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that several people had posted some cover sheets for classic Diplomacy; so I made my own seven unique covers with pictures and icons on them I cut and pasted from Wikipedia into a Microsoft Word 2007 file (which was subsequently saved as a pdf file anyone could use).

The pictures are that of the heads of state of the seven Diplomacy great powers (plus an eighth page I couldn't resist including). The icons are the "great seals" of each of these countries; both the photos as well as the great seals were all declared to be in the public domain by Wikipedia.

Can I post these up here? What do I have to click on/choose when I post it? (I will go through each of the 16 images again to make 100% certain they're really public domain.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Post them in your gallery, then on a forum page you can insert them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, try posting them in the file section so we can download them for our own use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also post them in the Diplomacy gallery.

Link to image upload
Link to file upload

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question was more about the copyright issue. It *says* they're in the public domain but I'm not sure which option to click when you post them. Do I need to credit Wikipedia somehow? (Can't really fit a "credit/copyright" line anywhere....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you have to credit it, but I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know for sure.

Still, it might be nice to cite your sources regardless. If you want to, you can see how Wikipedia cited it and follow suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls