Hide
7 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: X-Wing Vassal module! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Smith
msg tools
If anyone needs help unblanking their Vassal module's Damage/Pilot/Upgrade cards, let me know. What I don't have scanned I hacked in using ugly text (Functionality over form!)

I have a thread over at Vassal as well as FFG, though the latter was unfortunately closed by an angry mob. XD

Call this a service from someone who thinks it's silly to pay $60+ to play a game on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find the crowd here unfriendly as well. FFG is being more generous than they have to be in allowing the modules with blanked cards. If you don't want to pay $60 to play a game on VASSAL, pick another (presuming a core set is $60 in your locale). But if you want to play their game, play by their rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Gillespie
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
I truly feel its only a matter of time before Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures gets pulled from Vassal on a C&D. This won't come from Fantasy Flight but rather Disney. X-Wing, Y-wing and many others are TradeMarked names and you need the express write permission to use them. For now as long as Mun0 and crew keep things quite they should stay under the radar. I would not push the issue of adding the wording to the game. there are many other resources you can go to and get that information.

http://critical-rocket.blogspot.com/2012/10/star-wars-x-wing...

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-exp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain nothing from doing this and you put up a risk for everyone to lose everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not that difficult to have this link open in the background to look up the damage card crits.

http://critical-rocket.blogspot.dk/2012/10/star-wars-x-wing-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blackman
msg tools
Kruniac wrote:
Call this a service from someone who thinks it's silly to pay $60+ to play a game on Vassal.

It's not silly at all.

Right now the Vassal module (as far as I know) hasn't been the subject of any take-down requests.

I can only speculate as the reasoning why this is so, but people like me (and from games I've played on Vassal) are more than happy to pay the $60 for the game, and to purchase the expansions because the game is worth it.

I've even donated some $$ to the guys who create and continue to update the module as I can only imagine the effort that goes into creating it.

While I appreciate some people do not have vast sums to spend on this, at the very least you should buy the Core Set so that you have your own damage deck to use...it's only fair to everyone who loves this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is a great company and treats its customers very well. Having to buy a core set is a pretty fair trade, especially give that core's can be had online for like $30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls